Made it after all( procastinator)

YES, i AM THE LADY WHO WENT AHEAD TO BUY AIRLINE TICKETS WITHOUT BOOKING A CRUISE. I just started to panic last month when i called and everything was sold out for 60% more than NCL's site offer. DH was livid as he had gotten approval for time off from work. Some good fellows on this site gave tips on how to score openings but, nothing worked. I was so miserable as i really wanted to sail on ncl out of southhampton on the 26th of july.

I called NCLfirst thing this morning after i saw an oceanview price showup on there website and paid immediately. No offers of OBCs or soda packages, heck, i am just happy to be sailind the jade....on 26th....:)

So glad that all worked out for you!! You will have a WONDERFUL time on the Jade. We certainly did!!!

We have done that same thing before in reverse. We booked the cruise and held off purchasing airline tickets. BIG mistake! So we now make sure we have everything lined up at the same time. I use my computer for the cruise and DH has his with the airline flights all ready to go!

Marguerite :)

YES, i AM THE LADY WHO WENT AHEAD TO BUY AIRLINE TICKETS WITHOUT BOOKING A CRUISE. I just started to panic last month when i called and everything was sold out for 60% more than NCL's site offer. DH was livid as he had gotten approval for time off from work. Some good fellows on this site gave tips on how to score openings but, nothing worked. I was so miserable as i really wanted to sail on ncl out of southhampton on the 26th of july.

I called NCLfirst thing this morning after i saw an oceanview price showup on there website and paid immediately. No offers of OBCs or soda packages, heck, i am just happy to be sailind the jade....on 26th....:)

Good for you, this is similar to our story about 4 years ago. We wanted to sail the Jewel as it made its first crossing from Dover to USA. We couldn't decide, thought the prices were a little out of line. While we were deciding the Jewel sold out. We went with Celebrity on a 14 day crossing. We were about to make final payment when I found NCL had opened up again with a few outside guaranteed cabins available. We quickly cancelled the other cruise (I hated to do it) booked NCL and the rest is history. It was one of the best cruises ever, we loved the ship, the crew, the itinerary and even lived with the less than desirable cabin. Heck, who cares, we don't spend much time in the cabin anyway.

NIta

Well done, I bet that was a relief. You will have a great time on that cruise I am sure and hopefully the weather in the UK for the first day will be good too. It has been a little cloudy and rainy for the last week so hopefully will settle by then.

Archived