Sorry It's Late - Miracle 7/3-7/11 Review

So please forgive me if this review is not the greatest. This was my first cruise, and I am new at preparing a review. I hopt to be like Nicole721 one day :D .First I must say, the cruise was GREAT! I am hooked on sailing.! Since we are from NYC we left our home at about 11:30 AM, got to the port in about 20 minutes. I was shocked at the process of boarding the ship. But it was still not that bad. We were on at about 1:00 PM or so. DH had a heavy garment bag that he did not check so we hung out at the Metropolis Lobby and had a drink until 2:00 PM. Then we went to the cabin and our steward Augustine (who is amazing) said he was not quite finish, but he would allow us to stop in for a minute. Once we finish we just roamed the ship. We familiarized ourselves with everything. WOW!!! During the sail away we just enjoyed our oceanview cabin on the Rivera deck, and it was great. The weather was ok. The first two days we just enjoyed the ship and took our DS to the slide and the kids pool. Although he is eight, he cannot swim, and I now know what everyone was talking about when it came to the chair hoggers. I could never get a chair unless it was on deck 12, (But I was on board, so who cares). Grand Turk- we did not like very small island nothing to do unless you are doing an excursion. Disappointment for us. Half Moon Cay - AMAZING!!! We had a ball. This was my son's first time at a beach and he just played and played. DH and I had a few drinks and just enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather and the water. Then we just walked around the island, but we missed the BBQ. I guess we thought about enjoying the island and eat later. Nassau - We did the Discover Atlantis and it was great. Hot but great. with the walking and sweating. I think I lost any weight I put on..LOL. I do see how you can rack up a high sail and sign account. We really did not have a budget. We drank, we played the slots and the babysitting can add up. I don't regret a thing, this was a celbration of life cruise for us and I enjoyed every bit of it. We even won some money. The shows were great. I enjoyed Marcus Monroe, Carl Strong and Percy Crews II. I only wish they had more deck activities for children. My son wanted a ship on a stick and we did not win one, so he was a little disappointed. But I CANNOT WAIT TO TO IT AGAIN. The water was okay except our last day. Not a pool day. I would like to sail in the later part of the year, but not sure about the water and I need hot weather I cannot stand the cold. Please be gentle with me, this was my first review.

Great job! You will probably get asked a lot of questions! Have you read any of the reviews on the boards? Personally I just take a little bit of each other them, and put mine together. I have also only cruised once, and this board has been so helpful!

I know you're totally addicted to cruising now! maybe I'll see you on one of mine! Glad you had a good time! If you have any pictures we'd love to see them!

So please forgive me if this review is not the greatest. This was my first cruise, and I am new at preparing a review. I hopt to be like Nicole721 one day :D .First I must say, the cruise was GREAT! I am hooked on sailing.! Since we are from NYC we left our home at about 11:30 AM, got to the port in about 20 minutes. I was shocked at the process of boarding the ship. But it was still not that bad. We were on at about 1:00 PM or so. DH had a heavy garment bag that he did not check so we hung out at the Metropolis Lobby and had a drink until 2:00 PM. Then we went to the cabin and our steward Augustine (who is amazing) said he was not quite finish, but he would allow us to stop in for a minute. Once we finish we just roamed the ship. We familiarized ourselves with everything. WOW!!! During the sail away we just enjoyed our oceanview cabin on the Rivera deck, and it was great. The weather was ok. The first two days we just enjoyed the ship and took our DS to the slide and the kids pool. Although he is eight, he cannot swim, and I now know what everyone was talking about when it came to the chair hoggers. I could never get a chair unless it was on deck 12, (But I was on board, so who cares). Grand Turk- we did not like very small island nothing to do unless you are doing an excursion. Disappointment for us. Half Moon Cay - AMAZING!!! We had a ball. This was my son's first time at a beach and he just played and played. DH and I had a few drinks and just enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather and the water. Then we just walked around the island, but we missed the BBQ. I guess we thought about enjoying the island and eat later. Nassau - We did the Discover Atlantis and it was great. Hot but great. with the walking and sweating. I think I lost any weight I put on..LOL. I do see how you can rack up a high sail and sign account. We really did not have a budget. We drank, we played the slots and the babysitting can add up. I don't regret a thing, this was a celbration of life cruise for us and I enjoyed every bit of it. We even won some money. The shows were great. I enjoyed Marcus Monroe, Carl Strong and Percy Crews II. I only wish they had more deck activities for children. My son wanted a ship on a stick and we did not win one, so he was a little disappointed. But I CANNOT WAIT TO TO IT AGAIN. The water was okay except our last day. Not a pool day. I would like to sail in the later part of the year, but not sure about the water and I need hot weather I cannot stand the cold. Please be gentle with me, this was my first review.

Glad you had a great cruise.....we were on the same and enjoyed it more than any of the other cruises we have been on (tell your son I didn't win a Ship on a Stick until my 6th cruise :)

Each cruise will even be better as you gain experience on what you like and don't like.....

I am glad you had a wonderful cruise and bet you cannot wait to book your next one.

We have sailed on this ship 2 years ago and are again sailing at the end of August and am glad that all the reviews thus far have been good. Thanks for posting your review.:)

Aww thanks :) I think you did a GREAT job with your first review and I'm so glad you had such a great cruise!!!

Your the girl who wrote the longest review! i love it i have been following it and it's great! i will be going on the miracle this sunday and your review just made me more and more excited! :D

• 1 month later...

NYCruiser,

Very nice review. Glad you had a great time. Good luck to you, you are now going to be addicted to cruising like the rest of us. LOL!

BTW,

Can you tell me how the crowds were at Atlantis when you were there? We will going about the same time next year and we are thinking about going back to Atlantis, again. TIA.:D

Great review! We were on the same cruise as you and I'm glad you had a good time....it was by far our favorite.....

This time we paid the daily fee up before we sailed so our s/s card was clean before we got on the ship....it did make the cost lower.....

Hope you enjoy many more cruises....

(I can't believe I wrote twice to this review....I didn't read through when I replied! This is what happens when teachers go back to work.....)

Archived