Royal Caribbean HOUSE PARTY - I was chosen as a host!!!

Just got my confirmation email!!! I am so excited! I've hosted other parties but I was really hoping for this one!!!! Cant wait to see whats in the party pack!

Anyone else chosen?

~Connie

Connie,

Do you get a Commission if anyone books a cruise with RCI after going to your house party or are you doing it for free?

Just wondering,

Colleen

its from houseparty.com, no commission, just a bunch of freebies for you and your guests. You gotta send in an application to get in. I always get rejected :(.

its from houseparty.com, no commission, just a bunch of freebies for you and your guests. You gotta send in an application to get in. I always get rejected :(.

Oh..I just wondered. I wasn't thinking of trying to get the job, lol. I KNOW I would be rejected, LOL!!!!

Colleen

Connie

I'm a host too!!! Can't believe I got in!! I'm soooo excited! One of the bonuses of this is that you get entered into the chance to win a cruise for two! And its a pretty small pool, considering, that you're entered with, so the chance is pretty good!!

Can't wait!

Melody:D:D:D

Missylou - sorry....I haven't been back online till now. {{ :o}}

Houseparty.com - you register and fill out online applications to host a party. There are some pretty good perks/gifts. Most of the parties I've been chosen for are promoting new TV shows but I have done a few "product" ones. Check out the website there's some cool parties available now. I couldn't believe a RCCL party was on the site! I jumped on it hoping against hope I'd be chosen...and I was!!!!! Yea!!!!

Congratulations Melody & Karen...I can't believe we are the only ones from CC :confused: I thought there'd be more of us LOL. Oh well, the sweepstakes chances are in our favor!!!! Good Luck Ladies!!!!!

I wonder whats in the party pack??

~Connie

Missylou - sorry....I haven't been back online till now. {{ :o}}

Houseparty.com - you register and fill out online applications to host a party. There are some pretty good perks/gifts. Most of the parties I've been chosen for are promoting new TV shows but I have done a few "product" ones. Check out the website there's some cool parties available now. I couldn't believe a RCCL party was on the site! I jumped on it hoping against hope I'd be chosen...and I was!!!!! Yea!!!!

Congratulations Melody & Karen...I can't believe we are the only ones from CC :confused: I thought there'd be more of us LOL. Oh well, the sweepstakes chances are in our favor!!!! Good Luck Ladies!!!!!

I wonder whats in the party pack??

~Connie

One of my Looter friends had a Carnival party last year. They got balloons and gift bag stuff (I think it was luggage tags and straws). Will have to check in with her for more info.

Didn't the email say like 8000 were selected?

One of my Looter friends had a Carnival party last year. They got balloons and gift bag stuff (I think it was luggage tags and straws). Will have to check in with her for more info.

Didn't the email say like 8000 were selected?

No, I think it said there were 8900 applications and from that they selected the finalists. I think....I'll go back and read it.

Yup - 8900 were the hopefuls, not the hosts. :)

I had not received an email from them, so I just logged on and I got chosen too! Hurray! We get back from the Freedom on the 2nd. My poor guests will get to enjoy all my pictures! LOL!

YAHOO! I got picked too, I just checked in on the site and there it was. "You have to select to host a RCCL Houseparty".

This is great I was having a sail away Meet and Greet party on the 15th for our up coming cruise on the 27th of Aug.

Oh now this sounds familiar lol

jj.......

The way I read it you invite people to come. They don't invite strangers do they? So basically it's all your friends, family etc. that they are trying to sell a cruise to and you're getting nothing for it? Is that how it works? If not, how do they take liability for strangers coming in your house? Better yet, how would you allow that? Someone has to tell us how this works.

P.S. - anybody in NJ want to invite me? LOL LOL

You invite friends and family.....nothing crazy.....no strangers and you are not "selling" just informing. It's really just the vendors way of getting some advertising out there. There's no commitment.....it's not a scam.....there's no hidden meanings etc. These companies send you "stuff" in hopes that you will have a party, invite 10+ people, take pictures and post them on the house party site, blog a bit about their product and thats it. no strings.

I found out about houseparty.com about 1 year ago and I've done 4 parties, 3 new TNT tv shows (Leverage, HawthoRNe, Raising the bar), one Alpine Lace Cheese. The party packs contain various advertising stuff - the cheese one came with 2 dozen martini glasses, cocktail napkins, gift bags, free coupons - the tv ones came with a dvd of the series opener (2 weeks before it's on TV) and other promo things -- hawthoRNe came with 2 dozen mini first aid kits, bandaid magnets, etc.

You need to spend a little money on food/bev....but my girlfriends and I get together at each others houses once a month anyway so we use those nights for "houseparties".

A friend got chosen to host a "margarittaville" one. She got the Margarita Machine in her party pack.....yeah, the $300+ one...to keep! That's when I signed up LOL. ;)

~Connie

This is my first 'house party' so i really poured over the info. You invite friends and family and they send you a party pack. I know they are sending me balloons, an apron for me, wall decorations and other stuff and you simply have a Cruising party! Mine will be lowkey but fun and everyone I'm inviting sails on RCCL anyway but some haven't in a while. I'm not selling anything or presenting any information at all. I'm having everyone bring their favorite cruise photos and am thinking up some games as well. The best part is you are entered into a chance to win a cruise into a relatively small pool of people.

Fun!:D

Hi, I was chosen as a host too! I was really hoping to get the RCI party and I did! It's really no selling, or strings attached as others have mentioned. I just plan to have my family over for a caribbean themed cookout. You get some fun, free stuff, but that's about it. It's a little advertising for them and a good reason to have friends & family over for us.

I haven't been on CC in awhile (no cruise planned this year...yet) but I came over here to see if anyone else was chosen. I knew there had to be some CC members as hosts!

It would be nice to win the cruise too:).

Archived