Who should I email?

uktog

Based in the UK as I have posted before, we get some real duff info from the X office in Weybridge. So I emailed Captains Club in Nov about paying for excursions booked through the website in Dollars. Was advised this would be fine so did the $ transfers and tried to book - couldnt do it except in £ so emailed Captains Club again. This time, got told, I can only book in £ so I emailed back with the original reply to seek clarification - that was three weeks ago and I have still heard nothing other than the auto response message despite calling - they were going to look into it

Now I have emailed once to Mr Williams (re the dining options review) and had a response; I do not want to email him with every bit of trivia so who would you suggest I contact to try and resolve this.

Thanks

AJ

PS I love X - I am not wanting to have a rant, just I need to sort things out

Well I can´t answer your original question but have to tell you that it´s a little difficult as I had a problem with this too.

Well from my signature you can see I haven´t cruised on X but several times on RCCL and I would assume they are handling this similar.

I´m from Europe too. It depends on where you booked your cruise as the currency from the booking seems to be linked to your confirmation number and is used for shore exc. too.

When I booked over here only option was to pay in Euro, Having booked with an US TA I had to pay for shore exc. in USD.

When paying in Euro the following happened to me. I used my credit card and they charge me a fee when paying with foreign currency. Well I thought no problem as I pay in Euro and that´s not a foreign currency. Finally when I got my statement they charged me because RCCL had, although on the website I had to use EURO and I got all confirmation only in Euro, billed my credit card with an USD amount, which was converted by the Credit card to exaclty the amount that was stated in all my confirmations. I disouted this with my credit card but got nowhere as they said they have no influence on what RCCL is doing and they are US based and bill in USD.

Oh I just recognized I´ll Embark the Infinity when you debrak it. So we can wave at each other. Small world.

AJ,

We had probelms last year and had questions that we needed to get answers for BEFORE our cruise in August 2004. I called X and got nowhere, our TA had no luck contacting anyone, and our emails went unanswered.

After we returned, some 2 months after the emails were sent I got a reply with the added ' We know that you have been on your cruise, and hope everything went fine'.

Celebrity's Customer Service stinks sometimes.

Andy

Archived