Please tell me it isn't so!

C&Sun

Spoke with an Azamara rep today and asked him what the draught beer on tap was on the Quest. He said Bud Light. :eek:I said you are kidding. He said "no". My DH is beer drinker and he said this was a "deal killer" for the 24 days Athens to Singapore on Nov. 28, 2009.

Please tell me what the beer selection is on the Quest. I really want to go on this cruise!:)

On both Quest and Journey they had Heineken on draught. Each ship only had one tap - at the Pool Bar on Journey and the Windows/Breeza bar on Quest.:)

I don't know if they had Bud Light <shudder> as well, but they most definitely had the Heineken!

]Is bud lite a beer[/color]:eek: last year it was heinken' date='as this is a very popular european beer and easily available,it cant see why it would change,RCCL also seve draught heinken[/quote']

Bud Light does not equal beer:D

In May by the pool we usually had pail of Heinken, 5 for $26 with tip

You would think they would have a better selection of beer:cool:

You would; unfortunately the cruise lines think we beer drinkers will accept any old tat, despite their being a raft of excellent craft brewers beers available around the world.

Only ship I found decent beer on was NCL's Pride of America, and that was in bottles.

My answer is only to drink beer in port, and otherwise just the occasional glass of wine with dinner on ship.

It's the cruise lines loss, not mine!

Yes, it is draught Heiniken on Quest. A wee glass (330 ml, Coke can size) costs $6 plus 18% ($1.08) = $7.08. There are also bottles of beer in the same price range. You'll have no problems getting served at the bar -- it's not busy ! ! !

Doing the sums, the cost per US pint is $10, and per UK pint is $12. Not cheap, for Heiniken.

Funny addendum to the "Heiniken" on ship, we were on Journey last Dec and did a two day in Barcelona prior to our cruise. Our hotel sold Heiniken in the soda pop machine, along with Coke and Coke Light, $0.75/can. We brought some on the ship from several ports - if you have to drink inexpensive beer, it might as well be inexpensive - Enjoy your cruise!

Archived