united is showing a airfare sale this weekend

smeyer418

UA dropped prices in a number of markets, including Australia and a number of small/midsized cities. A couple of other specifics: LAX/LAS - MIA; DEN - MCO.

Filed on the 16th and reported by Rick Seaney on his Twitter feed.

Personal observation: Twitter is becoming the method for quick communication of air bargains and price drops. FareCompare and Bing both make feeds available, with market specific tweets providing city info.

UA dropped prices in a number of markets, including Australia and a number of small/midsized cities. A couple of other specifics: LAX/LAS - MIA; DEN - MCO.

Filed on the 16th and reported by Rick Seaney on his Twitter feed.

Personal observation: Twitter is becoming the method for quick communication of air bargains and price drops. FareCompare and Bing both make feeds available, with market specific tweets providing city info.

thanks I use twitter only a little and will have to learn how to use it better....is there a twitter primer somewhere?

thanks I use twitter only a little and will have to learn how to use it better....is there a twitter primer somewhere?

Not really....though the Help page is pretty good. HERE

I personally use Tweet Deck (alternative is Seesmic Desktop) which allows for real time monitoring on a PC. Lets me know when a tweet from one of my follows comes in.

Here's the twitter link for NYC from Fare Compare: HERE

Here's the twitter link for EWR from Fare Compare: HERE

Here's the twitter link for Bing's Fareologist: HERE

UA even offers "Twares"...special "twitter-only" fares. Other airlines are also using it as a quick way to get out "the word".

Not really....though the Help page is pretty good. HERE

I personally use Tweet Deck (alternative is Seesmic Desktop) which allows for real time monitoring on a PC. Lets me know when a tweet from one of my follows comes in.

Here's the twitter link for NYC from Fare Compare: HERE

Here's the twitter link for EWR from Fare Compare: HERE

Here's the twitter link for Bing's Fareologist: HERE

UA even offers "Twares"...special "twitter-only" fares. Other airlines are also using it as a quick way to get out "the word".

thanks!

I thought you had to have a machine duh

If by "machine" you mean an iPhone or Blackberry or the like....Twitter will work on PCs as well, especially with a 3rd party software like Tweetdeck or Seesmic, which does the "polling" to replicate the text broadcasts. Or, you can just refresh your own webpage to see what has changed.

Archived