Lotus Pool on Coral

AndyTheK

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but inquiring minds (DW) want to know ;).

We're booked on the Coral for the Holidays thru the Panama Canal. More likely than not, we think there will be a relatively large number of children/teens on this cruise.

IINM, the Lotus pool is "adults only", so we plan to use it as our pool of choice. Does this pool have an entry by stairs with a handrail (as opposed to ladders)? DW enters and leaves a pool on her crutches, which I then take from her and return them when she wants to exit the pool... she is an excellent swimmer, but can't manage ladders.

The virtual tour on the deck plans page shows that the Lido pool has such an entry, but there's no picture of the Lotus.

TIA

I've been on the Coral's sister ship, the Island and we spent all of our pool time at the Lotus pool - its our favorite pool. Much quieter & relaxing &, yes, its adults only. The pool does have a stairway entrance (2, actually, which wrap around a statue) with good sturdy handrails. Your DW should have no trouble navigating in & out of the pool. Since you're on a holiday cruise, there will be children attempting to use that pool and the "Youth Patrol" keeps very busy keeping the area "adults only" (our experience on a holiday cruise). Enjoy your cruise!

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but inquiring minds (DW) want to know ;).

We're booked on the Coral for the Holidays thru the Panama Canal. More likely than not, we think there will be a relatively large number of children/teens on this cruise.

IINM, the Lotus pool is "adults only", so we plan to use it as our pool of choice. Does this pool have an entry by stairs with a handrail (as opposed to ladders)? DW enters and leaves a pool on her crutches, which I then take from her and return them when she wants to exit the pool... she is an excellent swimmer, but can't manage ladders.

The virtual tour on the deck plans page shows that the Lido pool has such an entry, but there's no picture of the Lotus.

TIA

I also believe that the Lotus Pool has a device that will lift someone over the side of the pool and gently place them into the pool.

I have been on both the Coral and the Island Princess both the Lotus pools have two stairs cases at the entrance to the pool, neither as far as I saw (on Coral Feb 2009) had any lift into the pool, if they had I would have used it. I am an amputee and I found I could sit on the stairs (which are wood) and raise myself up and down the steps into the pool. There are also stairs going into the hot tubs between the pool staircases. There is a strong rail going up and down into the pools, and a metal handrail going around most of the pool. I have a mesh seat which attaches to one of those foam noodles (which the crew loaned me for the duration of my 2 week cruise) so I really enjoye the pool every day. Its a wonderful place to read and enjoy the quiet compared to the outside pool....we find that the music is way too loud for our taste.

I beleive that the age for the lotus pool is 16 and above and the crew watched that younger children were not in the pool.

I should mention that one side of the pool is for non-smokers just like on all the other outside decks....the smokers are good about keeping to their side of the ship.

You will love this cruise...we have done it twice.

I also believe that the Lotus Pool has a device that will lift someone over the side of the pool and gently place them into the pool.

Isn't that called a boyfriend who's into horseplay? Oh, wait, you said "gently" -- never mind.

We were on the Coral in Feb and I used the Lido pool often as there was rarely anyone enjoying it. Very very few children on our cruise and those that were were extremely well behaved:) so just for your information both entries into the pool are by ladder as there is no entry by handrail and stairs into the Lido pool. The Lotus pool looked very nice and relaxing we just didn't find a need to use it. We absolutely loved the Coral so hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did ours!:)

Archived