Bars etc in Old San Juan

alschmid

We will be arriving on a Thursday night before our cruise (think the flight lands at 7:30pm) would anything be open in Old San Juan that is recommended to grab some dinner? We are staying at the Sheraton.

Also any bars/clubs in the area we should check out? Is there any good maps that would help us finding our way around to restaurants, etc?

Thanks!

Great question and I'm curious too. We're flying in on Thur Sept 17th for our cruise (RCI AOS), and we're staying in Old San Juan for the three nights.

What are some of the best bars to go out dancing?

Are there any good bars to listen to music? If so, what kind?

Which bars offer good happy hour drinks/prices?

Do many of the bars have cover charges?

Thanks in advance!

Dana

You'll be right on time.. there is action and bars/restaurants/lounges open.

Since "i'm a local" I can give specifics but I have help others via email:

cr services at prtc dot net

**just a local.. not a private guide nor tourist industry!

We will be arriving on a Thursday night before our cruise (think the flight lands at 7:30pm) would anything be open in Old San Juan that is recommended to grab some dinner?

Thanks!

Everything will be open! I always stop at a little hole in the wall bar about 1/2 way between the ship docks and El Morro fort, don't know the name of it. There's a Senor Frog's if you want the loud tourist bar thing. LOTS of other bars and restaurants. Parrot Club is pretty good for dinner. Others have recommende Aquafina and Dragonfly across the street, and I think Barranchino's gets good reviews too, but haven't been to them.

Another recommendation for the Parrot Club and Dragonfly - PC has excellent Latin jazz a few nights a week too. Great food, cool atmosphere, nice staff, great drinks. It does get crowded though so don't expect to get a seat at the bar after about 7 p.m.

Archived