Holland Tour 28 Land/Cruise South Bound

dulcetto

Hi

Has any CCR our there done the Holland Tour 28 which visits Whitehorse and Dawson

They have a optional tours to Kluane National Park,and Tombstone Park,can you advise if they are good tours to go on

Any information would be appreciated:):)

• 1 month later...
Hi

Has any CCR our there done the Holland Tour 28 which visits Whitehorse and Dawson

They have a optional tours to Kluane National Park,and Tombstone Park,can you advise if they are good tours to go on

Any information would be appreciated:):)

Hi there just another check has anyone done this tour this year and can give me info on the Kluane and Tombstone National Parks

Thanks

Do a search for posts by agabbymama. Although she didn't do this exact cruisetour, she did go on a HAL cruisetour that included Dawson City and Whitehorse. She raved about it.

Thanks very much for the info will do

dulcetto,

We did go to Whitehorse and Dawson City on our cruisetour, but we didn't sign up for the additional tours. Others on the bus did and loved them. We weren't in Whitehorse very long, but did have two days in Dawson City. We took a small wagon ride but really enjoyed just walking around the town. To see boardwalks and dirt roads, as opposed to sidewalks and paved roads was just amazing. It's like it hasn't changed in 100 years.

You could always wait until you arrive in the town, then decide if you want to do the additional tour. There were tour desks at all of HAL hotels and there were plenty of spots open.

And as vbmom87 says, I absolutely loved the Yukon and rural Alaska. I also like coach tours, not everyone does. But tell me where and what time to be there, and I'll let them schlepp my luggage and do the driving. I'll sit back and enjoy the scenery. I chose my cruisetour because it went where I wanted to go, so didn't pay for the extra excursions. Only did two the whole trip. Dinner at Ester Gold Camp in Fairbanks and Husky Homestead at Denali. Other than that, the cruisetour was everything I wanted it to be, so no need to pay extra for other tours.

Have a great trip!

I took the van tour to Tombstone from Dawson and really enjoyed it. The scenery was wonderful. We took two short hikes (easy hikes - nothing strenuous). We saw moose, fox, eagles and beavers. I thought it was a great trip and worth the money. If you've had your fill of mountains, however, you may want to do something different. Others in our group did the jeep tour and they enjoyed it. It was really just to have fun, it wasn't a sightseeing tour.

dulcetto,

We did go to Whitehorse and Dawson City on our cruisetour, but we didn't sign up for the additional tours. Others on the bus did and loved them. We weren't in Whitehorse very long, but did have two days in Dawson City. We took a small wagon ride but really enjoyed just walking around the town. To see boardwalks and dirt roads, as opposed to sidewalks and paved roads was just amazing. It's like it hasn't changed in 100 years.

You could always wait until you arrive in the town, then decide if you want to do the additional tour. There were tour desks at all of HAL hotels and there were plenty of spots open.

And as vbmom87 says, I absolutely loved the Yukon and rural Alaska. I also like coach tours, not everyone does. But tell me where and what time to be there, and I'll let them schlepp my luggage and do the driving. I'll sit back and enjoy the scenery. I chose my cruisetour because it went where I wanted to go, so didn't pay for the extra excursions. Only did two the whole trip. Dinner at Ester Gold Camp in Fairbanks and Husky Homestead at Denali. Other than that, the cruisetour was everything I wanted it to be, so no need to pay extra for other tours.

Have a great trip!

Hi Agabbymama

Thanks very much for your reply to my question,sounds like you had a great time,seeing as we are coming from New Zealand we thought we would try to see as much as possible and the Kluane & Tombstone Parks look well worth a look see

Thanks again

Archived