sim card for travel in Europe

Hi everybody,

I normally bought the sim card at the countries I arrived. This time I will have no time to buy sim card at the Amsterdam terminal airport because we will arrive at 1 pm and our ship , Century 8.13.2009 will depart at 4:30 pm. Had anybody every bought sim card in Scandinevia or any countries during the cruise? Or Had anybody know if there is a cell phone company near the arrival area in Amsterdam airport?

thank you for any tip

Pen

This is how it works. First you need an unlocked cell phone that can take sim card that you insert into your phone, not all the phones will take them. Att, t-mobile will use those cell phones . I had a prepaid account with att and I bought my unlocked cell phone online. If I want to use other phone companies that have a prepaid plan I can do it. When I travelled oversea I will buy or sign up for a prepaid plan (pay as you go) mostly at the airport. It cost around $25 including some airtime. So it is cheaper to make a local calls . You can buy it at some departmentstores but it's easy to do it at the airport. If you run out of time you can add money by call the center or via internet. If you do not want it anymore you can just toss it or keep it as a souvenir. Vodafone is the most well known companies that sell the cards . It's easy and convenience. If you have more questions I will do my best to answer it. Now anybody know there is a cellphone company at Amsterdam airport?:confused:

Archived