Day Guest Passes at Sandals

Donder1

Mywife & I stayed at Sandals Halcyon a year ago. This is in the middle of the 3 properties. We played at all 3 because they have a policy to stay at one and play at all 3. We did go to the Grande this year for a day when we ported in St Lucia. The Grande is the most glamorous of the 3 and has the nicest beach. The taxi ride was about $40 round trip for the 2 of us. We had a good time.

Thank you for contacting Sandals and Beaches Resorts. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

A day pass includes usage of all the amenities that the hotel has to offer. You can do as much or as little as you want when you are there.

It also includes all your meals, snacks, premium alcoholic beverages, non alcoholic beverages, land sports, water sports, entertainment, gratuities and taxes.

You may even visit our Spa (where available) to use the sauna, steam room, Swiss showers and hot and cold plunge pools without having to pay. Treatments are available for an additional fee.

Please keep in mind that the day pass does not include usage of a room or suite.

Thank you for choosing Sandals and Beaches Resorts.

Best regards,

E-Sales and Marketing Department

Sandals & Beaches resorts

Thank you for contacting Sandals and Beaches Resorts. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

A day pass includes usage of all the amenities that the hotel has to offer. You can do as much or as little as you want when you are there.

It also includes all your meals, snacks, premium alcoholic beverages, non alcoholic beverages, land sports, water sports, entertainment, gratuities and taxes.

You may even visit our Spa (where available) to use the sauna, steam room, Swiss showers and hot and cold plunge pools without having to pay. Treatments are available for an additional fee.

Please keep in mind that the day pass does not include usage of a room or suite.

Thank you for choosing Sandals and Beaches Resorts.

Best regards,

E-Sales and Marketing Department

Sandals & Beaches resorts

Have you found out a price for the day pass yet?

Mywife & I stayed at Sandals Halcyon a year ago. This is in the middle of the 3 properties. We played at all 3 because they have a policy to stay at one and play at all 3. We did go to the Grande this year for a day when we ported in St Lucia. The Grande is the most glamorous of the 3 and has the nicest beach. The taxi ride was about $40 round trip for the 2 of us. We had a good time.

Did you call ahead for a day pass? Do you remember how much it was?

We have done day passes at the Grande three times.

We called Sandals 800 number and talked to them about if we needed reservations or not. They will connect you to their wedding department.

I would count on a 20-30 minute car ride to Sandals.

We make arrangements with Popo on-line before we leave. He has a transportation service. He's always been fantastic. There to meet us on time, and there to pick us up as arranged. He even picked us up on Easter one year, and other passengers were having a lot of trouble getting cabs. If you'd like his e-mail address please post to let me know.

That sound like a fun thing to do, but if i'm staying at a Sandals and paying as much as $400 a-day to get away from the crowds I would be upset if a couple van loads of cruise ship pass. came in to crowd thing up.

I will be staying at a St Lucia Sandals (one of the 3) in a couple of weeks and I hope I wont have to battle for my space on a scuba trip or a couple of beach chairs or god forbid lunch, I know how cruise ship pass. like to hog chairs near a pool.

That sound like a fun thing to do, but if I'm staying at a Sandals and paying as much as $400 a-day to get away from the crowds I would be upset if a couple van loads of cruise ship pass. came in to crowd thing up.

I will be staying at a St Lucia Sandals (one of the 3) in a couple of weeks and I hope I wont have to battle for my space on a scuba trip or a couple of beach chairs or god forbid lunch, I know how cruise ship pass. like to hog chairs near a pool.

As someone who has done a lot of all-inclusives, I do see your point, but it's a bit harsh. For starters, many people staying at these AI resorts get up at 5am to put towels on chairs (long before the cruise ship crowd gets there), so "chair hogs" are everywhere. Many, if not most, resorts offer day passes. The passes are kinda pricey compared to just renting a chair on a beach, (and you've already paid for food on the ship). So although some people obviously do it, I don't think passes really attract "van loads" of cruise ship passengers. There's always so much else to do as well. Besides, if a resort sells too many day passes and this does in fact crowd the beach and pool area and restaurants at lunch, people are going to start giving bad reviews of the resort. Day passes aren't typically "completely" inclusive either. I don't know about Sandals, but Couples in Jamaica absolutely doesn't let day pass guests to go diving, or on the cat cruise, or a few other inclusions for their guests who are paying for a room. Plus you usually need to book these things a day ahead anyway. So I wouldn't worry about the cruise ship crowd ruining your stay.

Thank you, I do feel better hearing this, but I will see for sure in a couple of weeks and give a report back. I do hope the chair hog thing is not the same as the cruise ships (I have seen it and also the video of it) we do plan on 3 or 4 dives and doing all 3 sandals in our 7days. We had plans on a Caribbean cruise but we are doing two next year for a total of 35 days, so we are staying on land for this trip.

We have done day passes at the Grande three times.

We called Sandals 800 number and talked to them about if we needed reservations or not. They will connect you to their wedding department.

I would count on a 20-30 minute car ride to Sandals.

We make arrangements with Popo on-line before we leave. He has a transportation service. He's always been fantastic. There to meet us on time, and there to pick us up as arranged. He even picked us up on Easter one year, and other passengers were having a lot of trouble getting cabs. If you'd like his e-mail address please post to let me know.

I would like his email, please. Also, his rates for 2 round trip to Sandals & back.

Thanks!

I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I help my folks in the Los Angeles area, and when I'm there I don't have a computer.

Popo's e-mail address is gagamill@hotmail.com.

He will be able to quote you rates and availability. Send our best regards to him!

Amaris

No problem! Thanks so much. Email sent!:D

We are staying there in March of '10. Are there any "Can't Miss" things to do while there? We are going with 8 other couples for our friend's 40th B-day.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived