Several questions re: Blackbeard's Cay.....

Poultrygeist

My wife and i have decided to book the Blackbeard's Cay excursion. We're departing on the Monarch on 7/31. We will be taking our 10,7, and 2 year old boys with us. This will be the boys first time snorkelling. They are both good swimmers.

1. If we book the regular beach day and the kids decide they are up to the stingray swim, will we be allowed to upgrade then? I ask this because there is a $23 difference for each one of them between the beach day price and the stingray swim. I'm afraid they might chicken-out since this is their first time.

2. My wife is planning to mostly lounge and watch the toddler, but if she wanted to use my gear, would they let her? Or would we both have to pay? I know I sound cheap, but we're trying to cruise on a budget this year.

3. I've read about sand fleas being a problem in the past, is that still an issue? We use Bullfrog sunscreen/insect repellent already, will that be sufficient?

Thanks

Can't wait.

My wife and i have decided to book the Blackbeard's Cay excursion. We're departing on the Monarch on 7/31. We will be taking our 10,7, and 2 year old boys with us. This will be the boys first time snorkelling. They are both good swimmers.

1. If we book the regular beach day and the kids decide they are up to the stingray swim, will we be allowed to upgrade then? I ask this because there is a $23 difference for each one of them between the beach day price and the stingray swim. I'm afraid they might chicken-out since this is their first time.

2. My wife is planning to mostly lounge and watch the toddler, but if she wanted to use my gear, would they let her? Or would we both have to pay? I know I sound cheap, but we're trying to cruise on a budget this year.

3. I've read about sand fleas being a problem in the past, is that still an issue? We use Bullfrog sunscreen/insect repellent already, will that be sufficient?

Thanks

Can't wait.

You can upgrade when you get there.. You can pay at the bar.. or snorkel hut. I believe it's $25 pp.

As for the gear, you can only use it in the penned Stingray area, so if you're wife didn't have a wrist band for stingrays, she won't be allowed in the area or to use your gear.

Bullfrog should be fine unless you are one of those who are "targeted" by any and all bugs. I use skin so soft and don't have a problem here.

Other out islands.. I need full strength Deet.

Is Black Beard Cay the same island Sandals uses?

The reason I ask is On Carnival's site it says "sun and enjoy the view of cable beach."

I don't remember seeing very many islands across from Cable Beach

Several years ago there was this 50 passenger speed boat tour that went to a island across from Cable Beach, Is this the same tour, island ?

Does the Yellow Bird also go to this island?

Does any one have a link to a good map of the area?

Is Black Beard Cay the same island Sandals uses?

The reason I ask is On Carnival's site it says "sun and enjoy the view of cable beach."

I don't remember seeing very many islands across from Cable Beach

Several years ago there was this 50 passenger speed boat tour that went to a island across from Cable Beach, Is this the same tour, island ?

Does the Yellow Bird also go to this island?

Does any one have a link to a good map of the area?

Yes, Blackbeard Cay, aka North Cay or Balmoral Island is shared with Sandals. Blackbeards faces south.. to Cable beach.

http://marinas.com/view/overview/404_North_Cay_NP

There is still a speed boat "thriller" that has a tour to this island as well.

Yellowbird also goes to this island along with the Blackbeard boats Coral I and Coral II.

Yes, Blackbeard Cay, aka North Cay or Balmoral Island is shared with Sandals. Blackbeards faces south.. to Cable beach.

http://marinas.com/view/overview/404_North_Cay_NP

There is still a speed boat "thriller" that has a tour to this island as well.

Yellowbird also goes to this island along with the Blackbeard boats Coral I and Coral II.

Thank you so much.

Is there a way to book the Thriller

Archived