Miami disembark for MIA flight out

nedward

Hi:

Is a 10:40 AM flight out of MIA generally do-able?

Thx, Ned

Hi Ned !

If all went well, you could make your flight. However, I would have to advise against it. At the very least, your morning will be very stressful. Why end your Cruise that way ?

Are there any other flight options available to you ? If so, I would suggest going for a later flight. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi:

Thx, Ned

I agree with Host Andy Ned. We had the same flight time for us back in February. However we were the only ship in port that day. We did make the flight by taxing a taxi to the airport. The ship docked at 6:30am but it took them until 8:45 before we started getting off.

I would go for a later departure in the future to allow more time and to be less stressful.

Hi:

There are other flights available, but we have not done Miami before, and wondered how tough it might be.

Totally agree -- who needs the extra stress, when you are stuck waiting for Mr & Mrs X to settle their bill... ;-)

Thx, Ned

Customs/immigration doesn't take too long for USA folks but can be a while for other nationalities. The catch, and the problem, is that nobody gets to leave the ship until all passengers are cleared by customs/immigration. On our last cruise, we were not cleared to disembark until almost 10:30 AM because of this. Better be safe than sorry and book a later flight. You never know if you will be delayed or not. ----Penny

Hi:

Thx, Ned

It's doable but I wouldn't book anything until after 12:00pm as the cruiseline recommends. There were 7 ships in port the day we arrived in MIA in 2008. We had a 2:00pm and glad we did not have the stress of trying to be the first ones off the ship.

I know people who have been delayed for up to three hours waiting for immigration to clear the ship.

Archived