Help-Sail in 7 days and I have questions

mebfalcon

We leave on the Imagination on 7/27 and can't wait! It's a 4 night cruise. I am working on my packing list and just want to make sure I do it right without bringing a bunch of extra clothes.

1. I've heard that the first night is come as you are night. Is this true? Does this mean we can wear jean shorts/flip flops etc. I really want to eat each night in the dininig room.

2. Can my dd (12) wear nice shorts and a nice shirt one night (not elegant night) or does she have to wear capris?

3. My dd and I plan to wear our suits under our clothes the day we leave. Will there be a place for my dh and ds to change into their trunks before we get into our room?

4. Will their be beach towels out for us to use that first day?

Thanks for the help!

While you are packing dont forget to bring one of those plastic over-the-door shoe bags that hold like 20 pairs of shoes. It is fantastic to put all your toiletries in and convieniently goes over the door. lol Also, bring a power strip...there is only ONE plug in your entire room and if you have things like cell phones, cameras, camcorders, etc, its nice to have several places to charge things. ;)

You can certainly change in any washroom or use the locker room in the spa/gym area.

If you can't get to your cabin for the towels there is a towel 'desk' on the pool deck where you can get towels and return them when you are done!

Yes, you can go as you are the first night, but they will announce the dress code that night. My dd went in her swimsuit and shorts the first night one cruise.

For a 4 day cruise, I have found those over the door things are a waste of time and space, plus there are shelves in the bathroom, small ones, for deoderent, cologne, tooth brushes, etc. I mean you barley get unpacked till you are packing. The power strip, and the extension cord a must if you have camera batteries to charge, cell phones, mp3 players, etc. HOWEVER, take a battery powered alarm clock because it is easier to handle in the room.

take a can of air freshner for your bathroom in case you may need it. I also like to take a night light for the bathroom like one of those glade flameless battery powered candles. works real well. I highlighted that because I got jumpped once because I put that in a thread and they said it says no candles. but this is not NOT an open candle.

If you blow dry your hair, you may want to take a high powered dryer with you. theirs are not that strong.

If you have special shampoo you like to use, take it. the generic stuff they have dries out your hair and skin.

Archived