holiday cruise

fatbird

sorry, I posted this on the wrong board-

I have two questions- 1. Has anyone been on a Christmas/New Year's cruise on the Journey? Does it get dressy for any parties then- New Year's? 2. I'll be in Costa Rica on Christmas. Shall I plan on being able to do a tour or just forget it because of the holiday? Thanks for all your help. :)

I was on the Quest for Christmas & New Years this past year. While we certainly got dressed up for Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve, and "some" others did, most didn't. They really didn't do much for the holidays at all.

We were on Journey in South America over the 2007/2008 holidays. We did not take dressy or formal clothes on the trip, but some passengers went formal on the holidays. Do whatever makes you comfortable and dress up if you enjoy that. At midnight on New Year's Eve off Cape Horn, we were on an open deck in parkas and gloves while some others were much dressier and colder.

We were at sea on Christmas Day. Azamara ran shore excursions on New Year's Day, and we did not take a chance on trying to pick up a tour at the dock on the holiday.

It sounds like you will be doing the same cruise as my DH and myself--Panama Canal, departing on Dec. 18 from Miami. (Did I get that right?) Have you gone to the Roll Calls and signed up for the Meet and Mingle Party? Right now only four of us are signed up and there is very little activity on the thread. Come join us over there and maybe we can generate some activity and share ideas for port excursions.

Archived