Marriott Laguardia Airport

Gayle V

We'll be staying at the Marriott at Laguardia Airport the night prior to our cruise. Wondering if anyone here has any input on this location? We will be arriving late, so especially interested in hearing about the room and the potential for a late night meal?

Can't help you with the late night meal, but my recommendation is that if you are arriving late, call the hotel in the morning to confirm that you will be there late and ask them to block out a room for you with your specific requirements, i.e. non-smoking, smoking, king bed, 2 beds, or whatever. Be sure to get the person's name who takes your request. That will improve your chances of getting the room you were expecting.

We'll be staying at the Marriott at Laguardia Airport the night prior to our cruise. Wondering if anyone here has any input on this location? We will be arriving late, so especially interested in hearing about the room and the potential for a late night meal?

I second calling the hotel. If I remember correctly there is a restaurant there but I'm not sure it will be open late. There are probably some takeout places that will deliver but many stop delivery at a certain time. Are you staying at the Marriott or Courtyard? The Courtyard has a cafe for breakfast and light lunch and there is a pub menu in the bar at night. You can also buy sandwiches and wraps from their store to eat in your room.

The Marriott has a place for both breakfast and lunch and another restaurant for dinner. Again, not sure how late they are open. There is also room service here.

The Marriott is located across the parkway from the airport in an area that is largely residential. There are no restaurants within the immediate area of the hotel, but for the hotel's restaurant itself (and perhaps the restaurants of nearby hotels). There are more eating establishments along Astoria and Northern Boulevards, several blocks to the south. This is New York City, though, and you can get delivery until at least 10:00 p.m. (though you might be more limited thereafter).

The bar/grill in the Marriott has pretty good food (not full meals, but deli type sandwiches, great appetizers, etc) and is open until at least 11:00PM unless it is just a slow night. If you arrive later than 10:00PM, either get something at the airport or plan on take out or room service (until midnight). There is also a bar/grill across the street at the Crowne Plaza which may or may not be open later, depending on the crowd. The hours at both hotels after 10:30PM are truly crowd dependent.

I have stayed at this Marriott numerous times. The rooms at the back look over LGA's runways, so if plane spotting is of interest, ask for a high floor room at the back. Make arrangements to get your own car service or have the front desk call a taxi. DO NOT let the concierge call a car service. The price goes up considerably over what you can book on your own AND the concierge expects a tip.

Enjoy!!!

Archived