A gift of On Board Credit?

queenbee2

A gal at work is honeymooning on Carnival.

Has anyone given a gift of On Board Credit? If so, can you give us some insight on how that works. Wouldn't it be fun to have that extra when you board?!

Thanks!

My mom bought us a gift certificate. She had it sent directly to me, but you could send it to your address and give it personally to your friend. Then your friend would just send it to Carnival with her booking number on it. It only took 2 days for Carnival to credit my account with the money. However, it has to be sent to Carnival at least 14 days prior to sailing, so if her trip is closer than that, you may need to call Carnival directly to see what other options you may have.

My friend gave us an onboard credit for our honeymoon. You will need her booking number. Go on to the site and purchase the fun dollars. When it ask for the address, just enter "Apply to booking # ????" You will get an email confirming the purchase and then a few days later you will receive another email showing that it has been applied as an onboard credit. When she prints her final cruise documents, the OBC will be listed on there. I believe my friend had to set up a carnival login to make the purchase. I took the copy of the email she gave me on the cruise just in case but I never needed it.

Smileyone

Archived