Luggage Valet ?

Does anyone know what the earliest flight you can take and still use the luggage valet in Fort Lauderdale? We will be on IOS in January, and would like to use the service, since the airport will be a zoo(lots and lots of ships in and out on the day of our return). I'm torn between a 11:50 AM or 2PM flight. Any help would be appreciated.

I have 3 additional questions about the luggage valet program:

1) Can the luggage valet program be used for ships from Miami when the returning flight is from FLL?

2) Is Southwest one of the participating airlines?

3) Is there somewhere on the RCCL website that describes the Luggage Valet program? All I've been able to find by using the "Search" function is some FAQ's.

I have 3 additional questions about the luggage valet program:

1) Can the luggage valet program be used for ships from Miami when the returning flight is from FLL?

2) Is Southwest one of the participating airlines?

3) Is there somewhere on the RCCL website that describes the Luggage Valet program? All I've been able to find by using the "Search" function is some FAQ's.

The only question I can answer for you is that Southwest does not participate. At least in May they did not.

I believe you can use it from Port Everglades flying out of Miami, I don;t think that Southwest participates, and what else do you want to know about the program? The web site is sadly lacking for info.

The only question I can answer for you is that Southwest does not participate. At least in May they did not.

Last Nov., SW had a similar program with an outfit called "Bags-To-Go". You were supposed to purchase the service directly from that company at a desk location that is just across from the baggage claim carousels. When we tried to do that, no one was at the desk and other airport personnel did not know when they were open.

After the cruise, we exited the terminal with our baggage, resigned to having to check our baggage at the airport. The "Bags-To-Go" people had a large truck right at the exit from the terminal and you could check your bags there for SW (and pay the fee). We gladly did that and avoided the checkin nightmare at FLL. With regard to your boarding pass, you can either do online checkin from the ship (I recommend this plan), or, you can get your boarding pass from the "Bags-To-Go" people when you sign up and check your bags.

They have a website, but they have not updated it in the last year to reflect the ships that are sailing from Fort Lauderdale. Don't waste your time trying to E-mail them. I have tried 6 times and they never respond.

If you see the large panel truck with their sign when you exit the terminal, I would go ahead and use their service. However, also be prepared to go directly to the airport and fight the crowds.

Hypo

Archived