First sailing on celebrity coming up

cctn

Hi Carol with an 'E' = nice to hear from you -

loved everything you said about Celebrity - I know I will get hooked and do more sailings with them. I like RCCL but we wanted a change - if RCCL had sailed from SF, I think we would have booked on their ship; but it'll be nice to try something new after 21 yrs of sailing with RCCL and one Princess cruise.

take care - enjoy all your future cruises ! Corkey

I know what you mean. I was a devoted Celebrity cruiser but went on Holland and Princess last year and now I really like these lines also.

So far my favorite ships have been QM2, Celebrity Constellation and Grand Princess. But my favorite cruises were Celebrity Millenium Transatlantic and Holland America Zuiderdam Greece and Turkey. They were fantastic voyages.

Hello all,

I just booked our first Celebrity cruise on the Constellation transatlantic for April, 2010. I was looking at transatlantic cruises when I found this one that ended in Hamburg. My DH spent about 3 years there before his family immigrated to the US. This is a surprise for him as he has never been back. Any suggestions would be appreciated especially for making the most of Hamburg. Looking forward to surprising him and enoying Celebrity.

Hello all,

I just booked our first Celebrity cruise on the Constellation transatlantic for April, 2010. I was looking at transatlantic cruises when I found this one that ended in Hamburg. My DH spent about 3 years there before his family immigrated to the US. This is a surprise for him as he has never been back. Any suggestions would be appreciated especially for making the most of Hamburg. Looking forward to surprising him and enoying Celebrity.

sounds like you will have a wonderful cruise - I am sure there will be some folks who will know about Hamburg and will help you out - I wish I could but I have never been there altho' we have done several TA's - just not to that area.

I have seen the Constelllation when she was docked in St Thomas when we were there on an RCCL ship, she is huge and a nice looking ship.

Corkey

Hi corkey. I did 2 Alaska cruises in May and they were wonderful. You really can't miss with Alaska. You will have a great time. The cruise vibe is going to be different than a Caribbean cruise. Adventureous types go to Alaska- so there will only be a handful of partiers- regardless of line.

Celebrity is a great cruise line. I think for overall enjoyment they are the best- pretty ships, good service, good food, fewer passengers, great spots for viewing, good entertainment. Drink prices (at least on wine) are more expensive than on comparable lines.

The specialty restaurant is really wonderful. Try it at least once.

Some of the things Celebrity does that other lines don't- they supply champagne and take you to your cabin upon embarking. They wear formal morning suits in the buffet and welcome you as you come off the elevator. There is always someone to help you carry your tray and refill your coffee, juice, etc in the buffet. They offer lemonade and some type of juice for free in the buffet. Can you tell I spend alot of time in the buffet!

The diningroom is very elegant and they know what you like after the first night- very courteous, well trained staff.

You'll have a wonderful relaxing vacation.

I couldn't agree more!

Hi Carol!

Yes, as you know, we will be taking our 1st on Celebrity on the Equinox in December. We can't wait to try Celebrity too. We had the Infinity booked for Alaska this past May but ended up having to cancel because of DH's job...... so now it's Dec. for our 1st with "X". I'm sure you've figured out that I'll let you know how we liked it....:D

~Jill

Hi Carol!

Yes, as you know, we will be taking our 1st on Celebrity on the Equinox in December. We can't wait to try Celebrity too. We had the Infinity booked for Alaska this past May but ended up having to cancel because of DH's job...... so now it's Dec. for our 1st with "X". I'm sure you've figured out that I'll let you know how we liked it....:D

~Jill

Hi Jill:

I didn't realize you haven't been on Celebrity either - I thought you had a couple of cruises with them. LIke you, I am excited cuz of all the nice things folks have been telling me about their service. I am sure we will like it then will go on to their Equinox and Solstice classes - Carol

We too are going Sept. 26th out of Barcelona. If you are going then, would you be interested in sharing vehicle for any tours? There are three of us also in CC cabin.

Wish I were going with you but we are headin' the opposite direction - Alaska -

I have been to Barcelona and it's a great place to visit! have fun! Tell us all about your trip! Corkey Carol

Archived