Alaska with Landtour - Southbound - PackList?

suers515

Nothing organized but for the land portion we brought zip-off pants for each day, wicking t-shirts or golf shirts, fleece jackets and rain jackets. Wore tennis shoes and baseball caps. Never needed the rain jackets and ended up zipping off the pants into shorts most days, but we had unusually nice weather. It was me, DH, DS14 and DS12. We each had a suitcase that you can carry on the airplane and it was plenty big enough for clean clothes for each day and toiletries.

For the cruise, we packed 2 separate bags. One garment bag with the "formal" clothing (menfolk just brought khakis, sport coats, dress shirts and ties-I had a dress that I wore both times) and the dress shoes. The other held the rest of our cruise clothing. We pretty much still wore the same stuff as land (did laundry the first day of the cruise) but added jeans, some work-out clothes and bathing suits. The boys wished they had had more basketball shorts available (their daily uniform) and I needed more shirts than I brought. I could have done with more casual clothes than I had for the regular dinner nights-I had nice black pants and dressy tops and could have gone way more casual and not stood out even in the MDR. We were on HAL for what it's worth.

All of our Princess lodges (McKinley/Denali/Copper River) as well as the ship (Coral) had washers and dryers, so we had the ability to do wash as we traveled. This was very helpful as Alaska had unexpectedly warm weather during our visit (6/28-7/13) and we had a lot of the "wrong" clothes :)

I would pack for layering and prepare for all eventualities. I was very happy to have gloves. You will have a great time!

Archived