1st time cruicer, Alaska, 09/07/2009

nannyd43

I love this site, there is a wealth of information and truly appreciate all of the information from previous cruisers. I will be flying out of Springfield, MO to Vancover on Sept 7th, 2009 leaving on the Princess Coral. I will also be doing the the land thing "Direct-to the-Wilderness" going to Denali, Mt McKinley and flying out of Anchorage. Am getting really excited. I would like to know if anyone has taken this same trip and how they liked it, or if anyone is taking this same cruise. And also any useful tips that you would like to pass on. Thanks D:)

As to people sailing with you, have you joined the Roll Call for your cruise? On the menu for these boards there is a section called Roll Calls. In it, you will find Princess Roll Calls, Click on that. This will give you a list of Princess Ships, Click on the Coral. Find the thread for your sailing.

I love this site, there is a wealth of information and truly appreciate all of the information from previous cruisers. I will be flying out of Springfield, MO to Vancover on Sept 7th, 2009 leaving on the Princess Coral. I will also be doing the the land thing "Direct-to the-Wilderness" going to Denali, Mt McKinley and flying out of Anchorage. Am getting really excited. I would like to know if anyone has taken this same trip and how they liked it, or if anyone is taking this same cruise. And also any useful tips that you would like to pass on. Thanks D:)

You must be on one on the last cruises of the season, so be sure to pack warm clothing. I recall that on my Late May cruise that I was VERY glad I'd taken clothng to layer, including a lined vinal raincoat (That was a great windbreaker!) It was cold out on the deck, but pleasant when dressed for it. The inland part of the trip was warmer. The sights were wonderful, and we spent a lot of day hours on deck. We plan to do the trip again in next year. Take at least one of the water/wildlife excursions. We saw many sea otter, a few bear, deer, & a killer whale, as well as a lot of seals.

Archived