First time Trip Report - VALOR - 5th - 12th

Bontongrl

I'll be on Valor at the end of the month for my honeymoon...can't wait...I think I'm driving my DW crazy...I research like crazy and find out everything I can and she just wants to be surprised and learn as she goes.

I have one question for you....how did you get that thing of coke on board did you just carry it on loose or pack it in something?

thanks for your knowledge and thanks for the great review

Hiya General <saluting> ;)

As to the question about the coke,, we stopped at a drugstore on the way to the ship and bought the water and the 12 pk of coke, and put them all in a open topped beach bag that we had brought with us in our carry ons. Put it right through the security machine and no one said a word.

You ARE allowed to bring water and cokes, etc onboard, and I'm sure they wouldn't say a word unless it was over the top excessive :D

Glad you enjoyed the review, and hope you have a FABULOUS honeymoon !!! ;)

Were there any beaches that were walking distance from the Cozumel pier? We are thinking of just staying onboard the ship (spa treatment) on the day that we're in Cozumel, but if there's a beach within walking distance, we might go outside and check it out.

Were there any beaches that were walking distance from the Cozumel pier? We are thinking of just staying onboard the ship (spa treatment) on the day that we're in Cozumel, but if there's a beach within walking distance, we might go outside and check it out.

Hiya binwinbinwin,,,,,

No, there weren't any beaches within walking distance from the pier where we were docked.

They did have areas with a sea wall and chairs next to some of the bars, so you could sit and overlook the ocean, but no actual "Beach" with sand or way to access the water.

thanks for sharing your cruise. sure seems like all four had a great time.

Your welcome LBumb,,,, :)

We did have a really good time, we always do, we travel quite a bit together,,, :D

I'm sad its over, and writing the report at least kept that excitement going for a while,,,,,

I guess I'll just have to plan another one as soon as possible ;)

How did you decide on going on Carnival? Our only cruise was last year (Carnival) and we loved it. Some people try Norwegian, Princess or Royal Caribbean, so I'm interested in why you decided to go with Carnival. Also, did you pick Carnival Valor because it was the only one sailing from Miami on the date you wanted or was there a particular reason why you went with Valor?

How did you decide on going on Carnival? Our only cruise was last year (Carnival) and we loved it. Some people try Norwegian, Princess or Royal Caribbean, so I'm interested in why you decided to go with Carnival. Also, did you pick Carnival Valor because it was the only one sailing from Miami on the date you wanted or was there a particular reason why you went with Valor?

Well, there were a few reasons we decided on Carnival and the Valor in particular.

First, we used the TA that we used last year for our vacation and he recommended Carnival for a cruise. We checked out Carnival AND the other cruise lines, but Carnival had the best prices and that was a big factor. And,, our TA got us a lil extra something off the price compared to Carnival's own website prices, so that helped ;)

The 2nd major reason was the sail date. Our DFs had only certain times they could travel, so,, that was another factor that narrowed it down considerably ;)

Last, but not least,,, the Valor's itinerary was to ports , other than Cozumel, that we'd never been to before. Over the past 25 years, we've traveled to The Caribbean quite a few times, but we'd never been to Roatan, Grand Caymen or Belize.

So, putting the 3 together, we came up with the Valor,,, :D

Debbie, great job on the review... it was like being right there alongside you. BTW, we had a blast!!! Boyfriend and I are on the Valor in December, and thanks to your post, I think I have some real good ideas. I have already sent an email for the tour to Stingray City, and set up a res. at Fins & Flippers. Thanks again for your time and effort. I can't wait for you to take another vacation.icon12.gif

Debbie, great job on the review... it was like being right there alongside you. BTW, we had a blast!!! Boyfriend and I are on the Valor in December, and thanks to your post, I think I have some real good ideas. I have already sent an email for the tour to Stingray City, and set up a res. at Fins & Flippers. Thanks again for your time and effort. I can't wait for you to take another vacation.icon12.gif

Thanks Mahalogirl,,,,,:)

Glad you had as much fun as I did on the cruise,,,,;)

I hope the time flies by for you till you are on the Valor. While I'm back here,,,, feeling the chill in the air,,, ( and yes, it DOES get cold in Texas) I will be thinking you of you having fun in the warm Caribbean waters,,,,:p

You will love both Stingray city and Fins and Flippers,,,,,,and dont forget your camera !

and I'm with you, I can't wait to take the next vacation !!!

Enjoyed every minute of your review!! We were on the Valor in 2005--great ship. I thought I recognized the piano bar singer in your pictures, so I checked my cruise pictures and Capers from my 2008 cruise on the Miracle, and sure enough, it was Roger. I enjoyed your review so much that I'm going to read your Playa del Carmen review right now. Can barely wait for my Freedom cruise in a month!! :)

Enjoyed every minute of your review!! We were on the Valor in 2005--great ship. I thought I recognized the piano bar singer in your pictures, so I checked my cruise pictures and Capers from my 2008 cruise on the Miracle, and sure enough, it was Roger. I enjoyed your review so much that I'm going to read your Playa del Carmen review right now. Can barely wait for my Freedom cruise in a month!! :)

Thank you so much Alreadypacked !!

We spent a good bit of time in the Piano Bar with Roger. That was one of our favorite spots, and loved the singing along. He's a great musician !!

Hope you enjoyed the Playa review too,, we had a lot of fun there last summer and hope to go back soon . :D

Have a great time on the Freedom !! ;)

Could you put a picture of your df inside cabin

on here. I am trying to get a group together

and would love to see picture of all the cabins.

I have sent this thread to all of the potental

cruisemates in hopes this will get them excited.

Thank god I found you!!:p Keep the info coming.

Could you put a picture of your df inside cabin

on here. I am trying to get a group together

and would love to see picture of all the cabins.

I have sent this thread to all of the potental

cruisemates in hopes this will get them excited.

Thank god I found you!!:p Keep the info coming.

Hiya zandk,,,

You WON'T believe this, but the one picture, neither I or my DFs got, was a picture of THEIR cabin. <smacking self> I don't know how that happened but we realized after we got home, that we never had a picture of their's. :o

BUT,,, I googled it, and found a picture of EXACTLY what their cabin looked like.

If I didn't know better myself,,,, I could have taken this picture :D

Here ya go, and hope it helps get your cruisemates excited,,,,,

insidestateroom.jpg

Hey TexasBen,,,,

When we left the ship in Cozumel, we stopped at the dock to get information about a good place to go for sunning and snorkeling.

We were told that most of the reefs around Cozumel had been destroyed by the Hurricane, so it was going to bit a hit and miss type of thing.

We didn't want to do a boat excursion for this reason, so opted for Dzul-Ha.

There were no reefs in this area,,,,,, but there were man made bells, etc in the water to attract the fish, etc.

Maybe there was a reef a little further out from where we were, because there were LOTS of boats anchoring there, and people were snorkerling from those boats. They were maybe 50 yards out from the shoreline,

and DH and DF actually swam out to that area to check it out.

There was no "reef" but large rocks and the fish were there too.

IF your main thing is to snorkel, you might want to take the 2 reef trip, as there wasn't a reef at OUR area.

But if you want some land time too,, ( which we did, us gals wanted to relax and sun and do less snorkeling than the guys did ;) ) then I would pick a spot where you could do both.....

DH said the best snorkeling by far, was at the Fins and Flippers in Roatan.

Had it not stormed the night before,, and since it was still windy and the water was choppy that afternoon, it would have been a perfect reef for snorkeling.

Let me know how it works out for you, k ? :)

thanks I am looking at the VAlor in Nov thanks :)

Thank you! I have already hear from one

couple and they are in! Yeah!!! She loved your

review. Fingers are crossed, that your review will

work on the others.

Thanks again.:D

Your welcome, zandk,,,,,:D

Congrats on getting the first couple onboard (no pun intended,,,;))

Now, if you would like, I can send you a link to my hypnosis website, and we can work on the rest of them ,,,,

sound good ? lol ;)

thanks I am looking at the VAlor in Nov thanks :)

Your welcome Neal,,,,,

I hope it works out for you and you have a great time, , :)

Quick question for you,,,,,

What do you do for a living ? because I want a job like yours !!! ;)

I don't think I've seen anyone who has done as many cruises as you have :D

What sailing? Wife and I doing Nov. 1 sailing.

Will be in South Beach Halloween night...kind of scared...LOL...actually looking forward to it!!!

We HAD planned to be in New Orleans for Halloween this year, but

Maybe we should rethink that,,,,;)

I would love to do a Halloween cruise,,,,, already have the costumes ready to go,,,:D

Arrrrrghhhhhhhh !!!

Capt Jack Sparrow and his wench ;)

memarkbigtexas.jpg

We HAD planned to be in New Orleans for Halloween this year, but

Maybe we should rethink that,,,,;)

I would love to do a Halloween cruise,,,,, already have the costumes ready to go,,,:D

Arrrrrghhhhhhhh !!!

Capt Jack Sparrow and his wench ;)

memarkbigtexas.jpg

I've been on Bourbon street on Halloween....undescribable!

But I'm thinking South Beach will be totally different. I told wife she better take a nap on the plane...LOL....she doesn't want to dress up, but being from Texas I have a standard outfit...LOL...I'll wear jeans, cowboy boots and a western shirt. I might event take a hat, tho is always a pain to take/pack a cowboy hat...LOL....now to talk wife into taking her bright red boots....LOL

Archived