Tables for 2 in the mdr - rccl fos

Tquinn1

Traveling with a first timer who seems a little apprehensive about dining with others....are there many tables for 2 in the MDR? Where do I go immediately upon boarding to request one...the MDR or customer relations desk?

You can e-mail in a dining request and it may or may not be granted. Also, you can check the first night on the ship, and make sure your request was granted, and see if they can make changes if it was not.

Another idea is to go with My Time Dining. I have not tried it myself, but from what I hear, you can request a table for 2 each night, and have a much better chance of getting it.

Thanks for your suggestions...I have never really considered doing my time dining either...don't really know why but I think that is a good idea. Funny, I would have almost thought it would be more difficult to get a table for 2 during MTD. This will probably be a good opportunity to try it anway.

• 3 weeks later...
Traveling with a first timer who seems a little apprehensive about dining with others....are there many tables for 2 in the MDR? Where do I go immediately upon boarding to request one...the MDR or customer relations desk?

My husband & I cruised FOS in May with My Time Dining (just as it rolled out) & it was great!! We specifically asked to be seated with other my time diners if they could, but we ended up at our own 2 person table every night! It was nice but we did miss connecting with others at dinner (since we weren't part of a group). We did get a chance to do that by going to lunch in the MDR.

You'll love the FOS - enjoy!

Archived