Show Your Card and Save

michmike

Not specifically cruise related, but we are all looking to save a buck where we can. Just back from a land based trip to Maryland and Delaware. We had received a mailing from AAA just before we left, to "show your card and save" so I began asking at different spots if they had a AAA discount. This was above those that the hotels have always offered, but at tourist attractions, museums etc. At 3 of the museums we went to (not related) we got 2 for 1 admission with the card and at a couple restaurants we got 10% off the bill.

Hey, it all helps.. so for those of you that are AAA members, take the time to ask. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Not specifically cruise related, but we are all looking to save a buck where we can. Just back from a land based trip to Maryland and Delaware. We had received a mailing from AAA just before we left, to "show your card and save" so I began asking at different spots if they had a AAA discount. This was above those that the hotels have always offered, but at tourist attractions, museums etc. At 3 of the museums we went to (not related) we got 2 for 1 admission with the card and at a couple restaurants we got 10% off the bill.

Hey, it all helps.. so for those of you that are AAA members, take the time to ask. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for the reminder! I knew about this but I ALWAYS forget about doing it. I probably could have saved enough for a "free" cruise by now, ar at least several DOD's. :)

One thing I forgot to mention -- in none of these locations was there any indication that there was a AAA discount. So you have to ask. At a minimum, I'd imagine that if I ask more frequently I will at least pay for my yearly AAA membership thru the discounts I receive.

Archived