How do you post Patters?

Sox Fan Cruiser

I was asked by someone on here to post the Patters from our Alaskan cruise. Since I had them I agreed to do so but now realize that I have no idea how to do it.

So I sit here with all the Patters and am staring at my computer thinking "okay, now what?"!!!

(Sorry Ken!)

You need to scan them into your computer system then attach them to an e-mail to the other individual, or attach them to a post here. I, of course, am making the assumption that you have a scanner - probably built in with your printer.

Hi honey,

if you look to the bottom left of the screen after you start a new post you'll see the "manage attachments" button. Click that and you'll have the option of either uploading attachments (including JPG and BMP files). You can then "browse" your hard drive to find the file you want, pretty much like most methods of attaching files to emails, etc.

You can also link to an online file storage site, but we don't have one of those. Not sure if there's a limit to the number of files you can attach to a post but, if so, you can just do multiple posts.

Hope that helps. And, our scanner is set to scan documents to JPG files, just so ya know. Let me know if you need help figuring out our copier/printer/fax/scanner at home. ;)

I tell ya folks, it's a good thing he's cute. :D

Oh, I am SOOOO getting in trouble when I get home tonight. ;)

Everyone else posts links to other sites. I was trying to avoid attaching 28 pdf files (4 sheets per day for 7 days).

But I'll give that a shot. And yes, I know how to work the scanner at home.

(Derrick, shouldn't you be WORKING to pay for our next cruise!!!) :p

If you want to leave them up a long time, post them to something like webshots or another free service. That way you only need to attach a link in the future instead of adding each attachment to an email or post each time. We use Smugmugs, which you pay for, because we like the look of it. My partner is borderline obsessed with it all. You can look in the link in my signature to get an idea.

Everyone else posts links to other sites. I was trying to avoid attaching 28 pdf files (4 sheets per day for 7 days).

But I'll give that a shot. And yes, I know how to work the scanner at home.

(Derrick, shouldn't you be WORKING to pay for our next cruise!!!) :p

You should be able to scan them as jpg (tell the scanner they are Color Photos) ang upload to a photo site like Picasa.

Archived