Carnival vs Princess vs Royal Caribbean

Which One  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which One

• Carnival Cruise
    • Royal Caribbean Internatonal
    • Princess Cruise

I have cruised quite a bit on both Carnival and Princess. Never RCCL, nor do I care to. To many kids running around jees lol. But I voted princess due to the fact its real formal and so much more fancier. And this is coming from a 21 yr old party animal lol. But I am going on the Carnival Legend on Sept 20 so I guess it doesnt matter. I bet you could add an "it doesn't matter" option and that would get the most votes lol. Anyone agree?

I have found that it depends more on your destination rather than the cruise line.

I can say that cruising in the Caribbean or Mexico is less formal than going to Alaska. For one, warmer weather = less clothes. The median age going to Alaska is older than the median age going to the Caribbean or Mexico. And, I think that the older set still "dresses" for dinner, more so than the younger set.

I don't know whether you're looking for the more or less formal, but I think you can go either way on any of the cruise lines you mentioned. You aren't supposed to wear shorts and flip flops in the dining room, but they won't throw you out if you're not wearing a dress, sportcoat or tie. On the other hand, if you chose to dress for dinner you would not be out of place.

Just my two cents.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

No shorts or cutoff jeans in the dining room is the main guideline for dinner on casual nights. So how about nice pants and shirt? Nice jeans and shirt?

As long as you look neatly dressed, you can certainly eat in the DR on formal nights.

Carnival is definitely more casual even on formal nights; many more are not in formalwear than those who are.

RE: Princess, more people dress up on Princess than on Carnival for formal nights. And many battles have been waged on the CC Princess board on this topic!

Archived