Rain Forest Tour with Hector from venturepuertorico.com

madeth313

My friend and I will be staying in San Juan precruise. Since we do not have to board Victory at the earliest 2:30pm and at the latest 9pm, we were thinking of doing a Rain Forest tour.

Hector emailed the following:

I will be gals to assist you. If I am correct you have 2 people. The tour is $65 per person. The tour is about 5 hours long. It makes 3 stops at the rain forest for sight seeing, and one final stop for hiking and swimming at a water fall called " La Mina". I can pick you up at you hotel with your luggage and from there we can go to the rain forest and then I can drop you off at the Cruise Ship terminal. If you would like to reserve the date in advance I can send you an invoice via Pay Pay. I also offer discounted price for groups of 10 people or more so if you have more people I can provide a discount. Thanks again acquiring my services. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Has any one had any experience with Hector? Is 65 per person pricey? Yes we could probably rent a car...but we do not want to deal with the hassle. Are there any other rain forest tours...my friend really wants to do a tour. Or should we just find away to get there ourselves.

Thanks.

Yes, I thought it sounded pricey. I looked at car rentals and yes...it would be ideal. Can you tell me how it is driving in San Juan? We would be driving form the airport to La Concha; from La Concha to the rainforest; from the rainforest back to the marriott to drop the car off.

I have driven in NYC, DC, and Boston on several occasions...so I am familiar with congestion and crazy drivers.

Driving in PR has it's moments!

There are a lot of cars and people occasionally do stupid things, but for the most part, you will be able to get around just fine (especially with your experience!). My husband and I drive defensively and we have never had a problem (we get frustrated sometimes, but we blow it off). But get a good map and directions.

You can take some small roads to the rainforest or a highway for part of the way- it depends on what you want to see and how much time you have. The gates at the forest close at 6pm.

The only thing with the rental car would be about returning it late (make sure your rental agency allows it). You may have to take a taxi back from the car rental place (if it is after their shuttle service ends).

But those bulk rainforest tours are not my idea of fun. Cookie cutter tours with lots of people doing the same thing. With a car, you are in control of where you go and when you go. Get a guide to the rainforest (a 101 and trail guide) so you know what you want to do and see. You should find some on-line.

Archived