Houston hotel near Hobby airport

ski ninja

My sister and I will be flying into Houston (probably Hobby airport) the day before our cruise in Jan 2010. I think I have read that this isn't the best neighborhood after dark to stay in. Does anyone know a hotel with an airport shuttle that is in a better neighborhood, or at least a short/cheap cab ride away? I don't want to rent a car but would like to be in an area that has something to do besides hand out in the room. We are both in our 30's and would like to go out on the town for dinner and maybe a coctail.

Thanks for the tip. The reason we want to stay in Houston is because in the morning my parents are who are driving down from Kansas are going to pick us up at the hotel and save us the cost of a shuttle. So what you are saying is with our constraints, Houston isn't worth it, if we stay in Houston come in late and go right to bed.

Take a taxi 5-10 miles south to the Clear Lake area and get lodging at one of the hotels/motels in that area. Lots of choices (almost every chain known to man has a location there), lots of restaurants, and a very safe area. Look for lodging on Bay Area Blvd, or Texas Avenue or NASA Parkway and/or in Webster, Nassau Bay, or Seabrook.

Most of the motels in the area are very close to I-45 (Gulf Freeway) so it would be convenient for your parents to pick you up.

You are better off coming straight to Galveston. With so much to do here on everything being close you will have a more pleasant evening.

Lord yes! I can't imagine 'going out on the town' in the Hobby Airport area. Get to Galveston quickly.

Yes, the area itself is not that great. But the closer you stay to the airport the "nicer" it is...the closer to I-45 is terrible. If you are looking to go out on the town, then by all means come to Clear Lake/Friendswood/Webster/Nasa area. But if you're looking for a place to sleep for the night then you will be fine near Hobby.

Archived