Arcadia-St Petersburg Sept.12th2009-Denrus

bermic

Have tried to book an indepedant 2 day tour with Denrus in St. Petes.as they were recommended by a friend,but they state they are unable to take my booking because P&O will not enter into an agreement to take their passengers.This policy seems to apply to the other tour companies in St.Petes.Are P&O operating restrictive practices to force their guests to take the ships inflated priced tours? I know from previous experience that the main tour operators in St.Petes are very reliable and offer good value for money and all the other cruise lines have no problem in letting their guests make their own arrangements (although I suspect they would prefer that they didnt):D All very strange,has anybody else had the same problem or have I been given misinformation?

Denrus will not take accept you for a private tour because they provide the ships tours for P&O (and this policy also applies where Denrus have contracts with other cruise lines).

However, there is nothing to stop you from using any one of the other tour companies in St. Petersburg.

Hope this answers your query.

Debbie:)

Denrus will not take accept you for a private tour because they provide the ships tours for P&O (and this policy also applies where Denrus have contracts with other cruise lines).

However, there is nothing to stop you from using any one of the other tour companies in St. Petersburg.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks for your reply Debbie, it all makes sense now,its typical of P&O who realise they are charging over the odds for their excursions and need to protect their profits,by stopping you going direct to Denrus and getting the tour cheaper.

We've got a 2 day tour booked with Anastasia for our Baltic cruise next month if that's any help.

To be honest there a number of companies recommended on the Baltic board and virtually everyone seems to be happy with their choice so I don't think you can go far wrong.

Archived