Disembarkation Advice

crestofawave

What is the latest we can disembark. Late flight time so looking to stay on board as long as possible. Is staying on till 11am a complete non starter.Should i mention this whilst on board to arrange it.

Thanks

Never made it till 11am--couple times we have stayed in the show lounge till 10am--but we were there by ourselves! Don

In what port will you be disembarking? Often there is a shuttle to the airport as well as a city tour. How about getting a car and touring on your own? I am sure it's vexing (BTDT) waiting for a flight in an uncomfortable plastic chair.

Perhaps others who have disembarked in Barcelona will know if there is a post-cruise sightseeing opportunity on the way to the airport.

There is alot to see in the city.

(I tried chains and a lock one time, but they had metal clippers. It was not a pretty sight in the pursers' lobby.)

Perhaps others who have disembarked in Barcelona will know if there is a post-cruise sightseeing opportunity on the way to the airport.

There is alot to see in the city.

(I tried chains and a lock one time, but they had metal clippers. It was not a pretty sight in the pursers' lobby.)

Jane,That's how women got the vote.

Put yourself in the place of the crew who is working so hard to turn around the ship. They count on everyone being off no later than 9:30. If you have a late flight hire a car and driver where you can store your luggage in the trunk, do some sightseeing or go to lunch and then he can drop you off at the airport.

This is the first time that we are staying on at a port where most passengers are disembarking. What do most people do during the time from 9:30 until the staff has the ship squared away for new passengers-stay in their suites? Can anyone offer some advice on that?

What is the latest we can disembark. Late flight time so looking to stay on board as long as possible. Is staying on till 11am a complete non starter.Should i mention this whilst on board to arrange it.

Thanks

See how early you can check in for your flight. Taxi to the airport, check in and then get the train back into town and wander around a bit.

This is the first time that we are staying on at a port where most passengers are disembarking. What do most people do during the time from 9:30 until the staff has the ship squared away for new passengers-stay in their suites? Can anyone offer some advice on that?

Often there is an 'in transit' city tour. Sometimes I just read in the Lounge and have a drink or two. The Dining Room will be open, if not, the Veranda. Doubt there is Room Service. Sometimes on port days there are local travel agents touring the ship. I have also listened to the piano tuner on more than one occasion. You can get on and off at will.

Then the best part, hanging over the Sky Bar railing watching the muster drill.

Barcelona is a great city and the center is not far from the pier. Either take a Seabourn shore excursion or wander around on your own, but don't sit on the ship all day unless you've seen it all before. Like DuctTape said, the hop-on/hop-off bus is also a good option if you want to do it on your own. There are three routes, one of which comes down to the port area. I took the bus in May and it was very popular, but they do come around every 5-10 minutes in the summer.

Oftentimes the restaurant and the verandah are both open for lunch on embarkation days for transit guests. You sure won't be the only ones staying aboard for 2+ weeks.

johnny

When we were in this position, we had to change suites....after 72 days....so had plenty to occupy us! Of course the stewardess said she would do the change over for us, but we had nothing else to do, so did it ourselves! We also got a tour of some of the other suites, just to see the "small" differences....and I managed to get lots of pics of the infamous Suite 101! Apart from that we just did the ususal....eat, drink, snooze......

Hi Ginger!

As you know we hope to be in the same situation and have experienced that quite a few times before! You can do a lot of things.... first of all just feel very relaxed and gloat (without showing it...) about the fact that you didn't have to pack yesterday and don't have to go (yet)!

Then you just can linger where ever you want, though they will be cleaning the ship for a while (the decks, chairs etc.) and it will be kind of busy and not so tidy around your suite. In your suite of course nothing changes. You can also go into Ft. Lauderdale, to the Beach, go shopping in one of the malls, take the water taxi or one of the two tours Seabourn is offering. I can also bore you for a while if you'd like me to....

Seeing the new guests arrive is always nice and not having to participate in the drill as well!

Have a nice weekend!

Marja

I didn't even think about not have to do the drill again!! That's great!! I was reading on the Seabourn site that you can ask special permission for guests to come aboard. We were thinking of inviting our Seabourn travelers, Frank Gramling and KC Jackson to come share some time with us. We met them on Seabourn in '08 and played bridge with them every day. They are lots of fun. Haven't acted on that yet.

But I'm sure I'll be seeing you, Marja, on that happy/sad day. Happy that we still have five days onboard, but sad that the transatlantic cruise will be over. Then, at the end, we'll have the Legend transatlantic in April to look forward to. Have you talked Rene into that one yet????? I don't know if it would be the same without you. You and Rene have been on all our cruises!

Ginger

I didn't even think about not have to do the drill again!! That's great!! I was reading on the Seabourn site that you can ask special permission for guests to come aboard. We were thinking of inviting our Seabourn travelers, Frank Gramling and KC Jackson to come share some time with us. We met them on Seabourn in '08 and played bridge with them every day. They are lots of fun. Haven't acted on that yet.

But I'm sure I'll be seeing you, Marja, on that happy/sad day. Happy that we still have five days onboard, but sad that the transatlantic cruise will be over. Then, at the end, we'll have the Legend transatlantic in April to look forward to. Have you talked Rene into that one yet????? I don't know if it would be the same without you. You and Rene have been on all our cruises!

Ginger

Hi Ginger!

Yes, you can invite guests, but need permission from Miami. However it may be difficult on an embarkation day. But you can always try.

I think YOU will have to convince René that we simply HAVE to do that final Legendary crossing in April 2010, because I haven't been able to so far. But I told him that I'm going anyway! But imagine how nice a cruise would be without us/me....

What do you mean, nice without you?!? Seeing your friendly face each day is a true highlight, Marja. Always smiling.

Ginger

See what I meant in an earlier post? My humour.... nobody understands me. People will say I was fishing for a compliment!

Thanks anyway Ginger, yours too!

Marja

Archived