Caribe Hilton - couple of q's

Madkitty

Does anyone know how far this is from the fort - some have said it is very near but I have just read a review that states it is still a fair distance?

Also would anyone hazard a guess at how much a taxi would cost as well to the pier to pick up Adventure of Seas?

Does anyone know how far this is from the fort - some have said it is very near but I have just read a review that states it is still a fair distance?

Also would anyone hazard a guess at how much a taxi would cost as well to the pier to pick up Adventure of Seas?

You can see where the hotel is on this map. ;) Locate the Pan American Pier and go straight up to the right and you will see the Caribe Hilton. Scroll down under the map and there is all kinds of information for San Juan including taxi fares.

http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

I do not know if people realize that when you open this San Juan map, it does not just show you where your pier and the hotels are. If you click on the names of the hotels, it opens to show their websites with all their information such as pictures, prices and such..;)

This website was created by Cruise Critic Clubber. He has done a great job of putting information there for all of us to use..

It's quite a distance to either of the forts. To San Cristobal (and the start of Old San Juan) from the Caribe Hilton is nearly 2 miles (through a non-tourist area). It's another mile or so to El Morro. You would be far better off with a taxi.

The Caribe Hilton is considered to be in the Puerta de Tierra area, so it is Zone 4 for taxis. The Pan American Pier and Old San Juan are also Zone 4. You can expect a $10 fare between any locations in Zone 4 (plus $1 for each suitcase you put in the trunk).

A lot of info is available at this site:http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/getting-around-by-taxi/

• 3 months later...

We have stayed at the Caribe Hilton twice. It is about a 45 - 1 hour walk. (I know we did it) Its ok, but I wouldn't to it again. The cab ride is about 10 dollars. (Since dh paid it I am not sure if that inc the tip. I just remember dh giving the driver a 10) The caribe hilton is a great hotel. A bit expensive, but so is everywhere else in a tourist area.

In case anyone is interested I just got Caribe Hilton through Priceline for $93. I bid 3* in SJ and was shocked when my bid was accepted and we were given what I think is a Resort. :D

Likewise Ijust bid $ 95.00 this morning for 3.5 star and got the Caribe from 1/21 - 24, 10. Not a bad deal considering its at least 209.00 everywhere else. Not sure if any shopping or supermarkets are around the place, we have a 4 year old and needs some extra water etc.

Likewise Ijust bid $ 95.00 this morning for 3.5 star and got the Caribe from 1/21 - 24, 10. Not a bad deal considering its at least 209.00 everywhere else. Not sure if any shopping or supermarkets are around the place, we have a 4 year old and needs some extra water etc.

I don't think there is much around there...but we walked over the bridge to the Condado (AshfordAvenue), 15 minute walk, and bought water and sodas for the ship.

Archived