toiletries in room - supplied

Morning All! Family and I are going on Explorer later this month and we are trying to decide what to pack as far as shampoo soap mouthwash toothpaste etc. We haven't been on RCCL in quite a while and remember the we did get some stuff but couldn't recall what we got. Does anyone know what is usually in the room already?

I'd bring a little more than you need because you don't get much in the line of toiletries (as the other poster stated). You can always purchase some things in the general store, but I met a lady onboard in May who stated that she needed conditioner and they had none in the general store, only shampoo. So, just come prepared! Have a great cruise!

I'd bring a little more than you need because you don't get much in the line of toiletries (as the other poster stated). You can always purchase some things in the general store, but I met a lady onboard in May who stated that she needed conditioner and they had none in the general store, only shampoo. So, just come prepared! Have a great cruise!

I was surprised how little they stocked in the store, I almost didnt bring anything to keep luggage weight down and thought I would get it on the ship, but so glad I didnt.

We were on the EOS in May. I thought the dispenser in the shower was the 'combo' of liquid soap and shampoo. I was very surprised at the amount of lather/bubbles, tons of it. I looked more closely at the dispenser and it said 'shampoo' on it. There were 2 small soaps on the sink; one ended up in the shower after that.

Yup, there is no doubt that Carnival out-shines RCI on the free toiletries front. RCI provides more to the suite passengers, but for everyone else: think Motel 6. Small bar of soap on those waxy paper sleeves, and some non-descript bubbly type liquid in a wall-mounted dispenser in the shower.

Bring your own stuff.. :)

I suggest buying a travellers kit of empty plastic bottles, and filling those up (you can buy them for camping too, so they might be in the camping section of the store). That way you can bring your fav soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.

Yup, there is no doubt that Carnival out-shines RCI on the free toiletries front. RCI provides more to the suite passengers, but for everyone else: think Motel 6. Small bar of soap on those waxy paper sleeves, and some non-descript bubbly type liquid in a wall-mounted dispenser in the shower.

Bring your own stuff.. :)

I suggest buying a travellers kit of empty plastic bottles, and filling those up (you can buy them for camping too, so they might be in the camping section of the store). That way you can bring your fav soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.

What do you get if in a suite?

If you stay in a JS cabin or above you will get the upgraded bathroom amenities which includes.......... small bottles (approx. 2 ounces) of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower cap and a small box with q-tips in it. As you use them, the cabin attendant will replace them.

Not sure if Junior Suites are the same as others, but here is what is posted in this thread.

We had shampoo, conditioner, lotion and shower jell and bar of soap in June on the Legend in the Med. I don't know if it matters we were in a JS and we are Diamond.

thanks! We were on a Carnival in May and we got shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, mouth wash, razors! Thank goodness I asked!

Yup, there is no doubt that Carnival out-shines RCI on the free toiletries front.

Well, based on what I had in my cabin on my (one) Carnival cruise, I would not have said that Carnival outshines RCI. The only thing other than the little bars of soap was a dish that had one disposable razor and two samples of some kind of chewable laxative.... ooh, THAT really impressed me! :rolleyes:

Well, based on what I had in my cabin on my (one) Carnival cruise, I would not have said that Carnival outshines RCI. The only thing other than the little bars of soap was a dish that had one disposable razor and two samples of some kind of chewable laxative.... ooh, THAT really impressed me! :rolleyes:

They should replace the laxative with Immodium!!

If you have a soap on a rope, bring it because if you drop that little bar in the shower, good luck picking it up (lol). Plus, it falls through the wire soap holder if you aren't careful.

Tucker in Texas

Now, THAT'S funny!! The visual is both accurate and hilarious. :D

You were clearly ripped off. I'd ask for a refund. ;)

We had a little "basket" of toiletries. Little sample tubes of toothpaste, a little bottle of mouth wash, deodorant, mens and ladies razors, shampoo AND conditioner, decent sized bars of soap (very nicely scented, I remember), and I think even a body wash for the shower. And, we still had the wall mounted dispenser.

You were clearly ripped off. I'd ask for a refund. ;)

We had a little "basket" of toiletries. Little sample tubes of toothpaste, a little bottle of mouth wash, deodorant, mens and ladies razors, shampoo AND conditioner, decent sized bars of soap (very nicely scented, I remember), and I think even a body wash for the shower. And, we still had the wall mounted dispenser.

You should get the entire cruise price refunded due to this poor experience :D

Bring your own of everything, what is supplied is OK to wash out underwear in the sink but I wouldn't use it on my hair or body.

Carnival did have a basket of toiletries on our one cruise with them, but we left it untouched. I suppose we're a bit particular about what we use and nothing in the basket was of use to us.

Archived