Phuket,Thailand information

nigkar

On our next cruise we will be having an overnight stay in Phuket.

Could anyone give me any information on the place.

Is the port near to any places of interest or nice beach?

What could we do at night time?Any nice bars near(to watch the sun go down maybe)

We would greatly appreciate any information.

Here is a suggestion for something you could do at night. It's called Phuket Fantasea. It's a night time cultural show

http://www.phuket-fantasea.com/

I've been to it before and it was actually pretty good and entertaining.

You can purchase a package that includes dinner as well as the show. When you enter the grounds, there's a crafters village, and shopping and a variety of other things to entertain you before the show starts.

The most famous beach, and the most crowded in Phuket is Patong beach. Some other smaller, and most likely less crowded beaches, include Kamala.

You can also look into taking a day tour out to Phi Phi Island or Phang Nga, which is famous as the location for a James Bond movie.

Here is a suggestion for something you could do at night. It's called Phuket Fantasea. It's a night time cultural show

http://www.phuket-fantasea.com/

I've been to it before and it was actually pretty good and entertaining.

You can purchase a package that includes dinner as well as the show. When you enter the grounds, there's a crafters village, and shopping and a variety of other things to entertain you before the show starts.

The most famous beach, and the most crowded in Phuket is Patong beach. Some other smaller, and most likely less crowded beaches, include Kamala.

You can also look into taking a day tour out to Phi Phi Island or Phang Nga, which is famous as the location for a James Bond movie.

Thanks for the information jst ducky.Could you give me an idea of the distance to these places and the costs of taxi's or if you could use public transport.Thanks.

I'm sorry, I actually have no idea.

I've never been on a cruise in Asia.

I've just been in Phuket several times on vacation. My family is Thai, so I've visited the country more than a dozen times.

These were just ideas of things I've done when I've been in Phuket.

Beyond that, I'm not much help. Sorry!

Archived