FLL - Airport Hilton

WendyVF

Can anyone tell me if there is anything around the airport Hilton or Homewood Suites. We'll be flying in around 5 the night before our cruise which happens to be during the boat show so the usually recommendations are really expensive. We currently have reservations at the LaQuinta but have read mixed reviews. They are a little more than the laquinta...not really worried about the price difference in the 2...just want a good night's sleep near someplace for breakfast and dinner.

I live in the area. The closest shopping area to the Airport Hilton (and the Homewood Suites, if it's the one by the Tri-Rail you're referring to) is Oakwood Plaza. This is a busy shopping plaza that you'll have to take a taxi (or hotel shuttle) to, but either way it's only 5-7 minutes.

There are several restaurants--The Ale House, Dave and Busters, Fridays, Red Lobster, and Sweet Tomatoes. A few others.

Also, the hotels are near Outdoor World, which is great for the sports fisherman or campers, hikers etc. Outdoor World also has a restaurant called the Islamorada Fish Company--very good, as well as a delicious sushi bar.

Oakwood Plaza also has the following stores: Ross Dress For Less, Movies For Sale, Barnes and Noble, Marshall's, BJ's Wholesale Club (and Liquor Store--no membership required), Kmart, Home Depot, and some others I can't think of at the moment.

Both hotels are only a mile or two from Port Everglades.

Archived