QV cabin advise needed

Camgirl

We have booked a cruise to the Meditteranean (sp!) next June for our Silver wedding anniversary. We were really pleased to manage to book one of the staterooms on the 'bend' giving us a little extra balcony space, but now, looking at the deck plans I am a bit worried. The deck plans show the balcony door to be on the diagonal. Does this mean anyone can see in to the room? I realised the balcony would be more visible but thought the door would still be straight out to sea and therefore private.

Also it has a cross on it indicating that the third berth is a single sofa bed. I never noticed this at the time of booking (I was too excited!!). What does this mean compared with 'normal' double rooms? The room number is 6052. Have I made a big error??

Is anyone else going on this cruise? I couldn't see a roll call.

Sarah

We have booked a cruise to the Meditteranean (sp!) next June for our Silver wedding anniversary. We were really pleased to manage to book one of the staterooms on the 'bend' giving us a little extra balcony space, but now, looking at the deck plans I am a bit worried. The deck plans show the balcony door to be on the diagonal. Does this mean anyone can see in to the room? I realised the balcony would be more visible but thought the door would still be straight out to sea and therefore private.

Also it has a cross on it indicating that the third berth is a single sofa bed. I never noticed this at the time of booking (I was too excited!!). What does this mean compared with 'normal' double rooms? The room number is 6052. Have I made a big error??

Is anyone else going on this cruise? I couldn't see a roll call.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Hope you are well. How lovely you have booked another voyage on QV for your 25th.

Can't help with your question re your cabin....do hope someone on here will be able to and put your mind at rest.

Regarding roll calls....now you have booked...start the roll call off, l am sure there will be more joining you for your trip.

Best Wishes

Jackie :)

just got off the QV and was in one of the corner rooms - 6146

yes, the door to the balcony is on a slant but it is still private. Its is an opening door not a sliding door too.

the extra room is great

Hi Glum,

I see your cabin is marked in the same way as the one we have booked. Thanks for your help. Is the room noticably bigger then? And is the balcony any bigger? It sounds as though you were pleased with the room, which reassures me hugely. What is the difference with the extra berth, or could you not tell that there was one if it is a sofa bed.

Sarah

Hi Jackie,

How lovely to hear from you. I hope you are both well.

We actually booked onboard and I have been looking out for a roll call ever since. I was a bit nervous of starting one myself, having only experienced one cruise.

Sarah

Hi Jackie,

How lovely to hear from you. I hope you are both well.

We actually booked onboard and I have been looking out for a roll call ever since. I was a bit nervous of starting one myself, having only experienced one cruise.

Sarah

Sarah, we are both fine thank you. Got parental problems, but that's another tale! :rolleyes:

Do go ahead and start the roll call, you will be surprised at the response, and will have great fun. After all......someone has to start it off!

I am sure your cabin will be fine and you will have a lovely time once again on board Queen Victoria.

If you still have fears regarding your chosen cabin, just call Cunard to discuss, they are normally pretty good at sorting all out.

Jackie :)

Sarah, I see my hubby has responded to your thread, I will give you a more girly answer.

The room is much lighter for some reason, although there doesn't seem to be more window space, must be the angle of the window.

We had three chairs on our balcony and still had lots of room. The door does not stay open, but we used one of the chairs & propped the back of the chair against the key to keep it open.

In the med you will be able to be very private if you sit just outside the door, yes if you sit further out you can be seen, however the other rounded balconies above us could not see down on our balcony. I sat out there in my bikini whilst we were in Iceland (yes it was very warm).

We had great views right down the ship.

Although we were fairly near the lift & stairs we heard no noise from them.

Internally the cabin seems very long as you sort of have an extra triangle at the end. The have placed an armchair so you can sit inside & look out of the window, this was often in the sun too, we placed the contents of the fridge under the chair out of the way. There are 2 coat hooks on the wall down this end too which were out of the way, our friends hooks were at the end of the bed.

Sofa just looked & felt normal , but I believe it does go into a bed.

Our friends just had a normal balcony cabin, which seemed very dark & small compaired to ours.

When I go through our photos, we may have some of the cabin, will get hubby to post them up for you.

You have made a great choice, enjoy you trip & your anniversary.

Chez :)

Thank you so much, Chez, a perfect reply! (though I am intregued as to why your hubby calls himself 'Glum' !). I am more than happy with our choice now and am really looking forwards to our cruise (only another 11 months!!). Thanks for your excellent description. You even answered my lingering thought about the nearby lifts! I just have one question - why did you put the contents of your fridge under the chair??

I hope you had a fabulous time, that is a trip I would definately like to do one day. We are going to the Med this time because our honeymoon was to Yugoslavia and we want to go back to Dubrovnik (I don't fly any more, in fact our honeymoon was my last flight!).

Thanks again,

Sarah

PS I think I might start a roll call and see how it goes Jackie, thanks for the prod!

Hi Sarah, hubby is called glum as is initials are glm & someone where he worked inserted a U and it was his nickname.

We put the contents that Cunard provide in the fridges under the chair, so we could put our own things in the fridge, I am diabetic so I normally take some chocolate bars & insulin that has to be refridgerated, also I like to drink a lot of milk, so I would bring two glasses from the buffet in the morning.

We did leave them on the dressing table on the first day, but our cabin attendant didn't take them away, so as all the cupboard space was being used, we just placed them under the chair out of the way.

I too am unable to fly due to having cystic fibrosis, so cruising is the way to go for us, the trip to Iceland & Norway was stunning & we were so lucky with the weather.

Good luck with the roll call, ours was a washout, but was only on the first page when I joined about 7 weeks before the cruise. There was just a lady & myself conversing and in the end we just switched to emailing each other, we met every night whilst on board.

11 months will soon pass.....

Chez

:)

Archived