Baja California/Mexico, Cheap but is it worth it?

We were just on the Elation with that itinerary. We really enjoyed it. We did parasailing, snorkeling and the glass bottomed boat on Catalina and still had time to explore the city. In Ensenada we had lunch, went to La Bufadora (private tour) and just walked around (and purchased some of that smooooooooth tequila :) ). It was a really fun time.

Even with cooler weather, you could do the parasailing and snorkeling since you don't have to get wet for parasailing and for snorkeling you have the option of wearing a wetsuit. Obviously the glass bottom boat would be good too.

I would have loved to do the winery tour at Ensenada, but my kids and DH weren't too interested in it.

Have fun!

I've done the Ensanada/Catalina tour 3 times (two planned, once not due to a hurricane down south). They are not beach tours, not at the time of year you have planned.

Catalina is like any other small village tourist trap - except that they are on an island with limited access. Once is fine, but three times is overkill.

Ensanada - did the blowhole (La Bufadora) tour once, ok except for the very agressive merchants as you walk down and back from the parking area. Once is enough for that tour. I've done the wine country trip twice, and really enjoyed it.

Going to try the southern trip again later this month. Hope we have better luck with the weather. I think you will enjoy this trip (7 vs 5 days) more, considering airfare and all.

Archived