FCO to Civitavecchia, FCO to Rome, Civitavecchia to FCO

readytocruise2009

We are trying to figure out how long it takes to get :

FCO to Civitavecchia,

FCO to Rome,

Rome to Civitavecchia

Civitavecchia to FCO

We arrive in Rome on a weekday & should clear customs by noon.

We get off our ship hopefully by 6:15am for an early flight and need to get to FCO from Civitavecchia

We have an extra day and have no idea to stay or how to get to where we want to get the day before.

Any suggestions appreciated or links to posts that already have answered. Thanks

Good question. Our ship gets into Civitavecchia at 4 AM, and I have a 10:45 AM flight back home from FCO. I think that we'll be cutting it close, by the time we go through disembarkation, get luggage, etc.

You'll be fine. We had the 10:20 flight, our friends a 10:00 AM. We got a 6 am departure time from the ship. There are no customs or immigration to go through. You just walk off and collect your luggage, which is very well organized. Our driver, who was supposed to meet us at 6:30 was already there and waiting. We were in his van and off to FCO by 6:10. At FCO by 7 AM. Checked in and waiting at the gate by 7:30. We used Rome Cabs for all of our transportation. They were great, on time, beautiful vehicles. We were on the May 25 Solstice sailing.

FCO to Civitavecchia: how are you travelling? Fiumicino & Civ are both on the coast, and there's a good motorway connecting them, so on a reasonable day it's just under an hour from outside Arrivals at FCO to the cruise terminal at Civ. That would be true whether you're in a taxi, car service, or coach (the first two might be a few minutes faster I suppose, but no more than 5). By road is the only direct route - I don't know of a bus, and the trains go into Rome.

FCO to Rome: by train, about half an hour from Fiumicino station to Roma Termini on the Leonardo Express. Then you've got to add time to get round to the station at FCO (a couple of minutes, it's very close to Arrivals), time to get your ticket, and waiting time for the train - there are typically two trains every hour. I imagine that total time would typically be around an hour. If you go by car (taxi or private shuttle) then you're going to get caught up in traffic somewhere along the way; on the other hand you'll probably be taken straight to your hotel. I wouldn't be surprised if total journey time by road to a hotel in central Rome was typically 75 minutes, possibly longer; but it all depends on traffic. You could be lucky.

Rome to Civitavecchia. By road, at least an hour, possibly longer - again, the problem is traffic getting out of Rome. By train, it depends on which type of train you get. Inter City (express) trains are faster (obviously) and take around 45 minutes from Roma Termini to Civ station. Local trains take longer - 1 hour plus. (On the other hand, they're cheaper.) Plus ticket-buying & waiting time at Termini, and walking time from the station to the Port at Civ - perhaps 10 minutes.

Civitavecchia to FCO. It's the reverse of FCO to Civ.

Archived