Scuba diving at any beach club/or Paridse Beach Club

cooganbs

Does anyone how what beach club is best if some of our group wants to go out dive? Wre wanted to take a taxi (as group) to a beach club, then one of the guys wants to do afternoon dive and then meet back at the beach club. Read great things about Paridise Beach but I can not tell if there is a dive operator there. We are in port from 10a-8p, so an afternoon dive would work out. (Also, any fishing tips? Horseback riding?) We have a few men who can not sit still with the ladies on the beach. Thank you.

You might also want to post your question on the Cozumel section of the Ports of Call area.

There are several beach clubs that advertise scuba diving.

Here are some of them:

Playa Palancar is the southern most beach club. It has scuba diving and has the added advantage of being very close to some of the best dives sites. Also, being the farthest south, it will not be crowded with other cruisers. If you are looking for a quite day at the beach, this place will be hard to beat.

Nachi-Cocom is also usually fairly quiet and offers scuba diving. It is a bit fancier and has a large hot tub and a swim up bar.

Tom of Paradise Beach wrote that there is scuba diving from his beach club. This club is very popular with other cruisers so it will have a much more active atmosphere and probably lots of kids because of the excellent choice of water activities and toys.

Mr. Sancho's also has the party atmosphere and lots of activities like Paradise Beach as well as diving.

Cozumelinsider.com has a long list of all the beaches and what they offer.

Finally, while Laura's suggestion does have merits, remember that her suggestion of going to the Reef Club resort comes from someone who has a financial interest in attracting customers to the Reef Club. Other all inclusive resorts that might have day passes and on-site dive operators are:

Occidental Grand

Occidental Allegro

Fiesta Americana

Iberostar (but I wouldn't recommend their dive OP)

These resorts are all south of the cruise docks.

Have a great time

Cooganbs,

Bruce has offered you some really good suggestions. Sounds like he's really got his finger on the pulse of all the Cozumel businesses here, and he's supplied you with the webpages of many local businesses too!

If you need any information, please don't hesitate to shout. I consider myself very lucky to be able to "live it, rather than surf it" here, and just love love love to share my knowlege as an "authority" here!!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

We will be going to the Grand Cozumel by Occidental when we visit Cozumel in March.... just for the day.

Does anyone know how far away this resort is from the pier where the Rhapsody of the Seas will be docked?

The resort in on the San Francisco Beach...

Thanks!

We will be going to the Grand Cozumel by Occidental when we visit Cozumel in March.... just for the day. !

Excellent choice. The Grand is one of the top resorts on the island.

Does anyone know how far away this resort is from the pier where the Rhapsody of the Seas will be docked?

The resort in on the San Francisco Beach...

Thanks!

I can't say for sure because I don't know which pier you will be docked at. There are 2 piers close together' date=' just south of El Cid La Ceiba resort. You can find the El Cid resort about the middle of the island on This Map The Grand is quite a ways south, the second to the last resort on the west side.

BTW, the map I've linked to is a page for the Can-do Cozumel map. It is and absolutely fantastic resource and definitely worth $8, even for a 1 day visit. After you have been to Cozumel, you will want to go back.

Archived