Please Let's Thank Kween Karen's HAL Angel.....

sail7seas

It's her job , isn't it?

Well, even if it is her job, some people do their jobs a lot better than others.

I was scanning my groceries at the self check-out today, and the scanner could not read one of the bar codes....so I pressed the button for help. After a few minutes one of the store employees came over.....obviously annoyed....and glared at me. I explained the problem, and she punched in some numbers and took care of it. I said "thank you very much" and smiled, and she looked at me like I was mud on her shoes and walked away. From start to finish she never said one word to me or acknowledged my presence. Was that her job?

It's nice to hear that some people are still going the extra mile to do a great job. Good for Tracy and good for Karen and good for HAL.

It makes me feel that if I do another cruise on HAL and I have a problem they have a staff that is more than willing to help. I think that Tracy went above and beyond even for a good employee and I hope she is rewarded somehow.:D

I did not post on the initial thread, however, I did read all the well wishes and supportive comments directed towards Kween Karen.

I silently hoped for a positive outcome to the issue and am happy to see that was the case, thanks in large part to the efforts of Tracy at HAL

I would like to express to Tracy and others at HAL, who work with customers to ensure that our issues are resolved to our mutual satisfaction, my appreciation for what in my world is the highest kudo....Servitium Nulli Secundus - Service Second to None.

It is so nice to know that if we ever had a serious problem that there are people like Tracy out there to help out. She is an exemplary employee and should be rewarded for doing so much when she wasn't required to do so.

Thank you again Tracy for helping to resolve this issue and help make Karen's Dream Cruise just that...before even boarding the ship!

KUDOS

Thank you "Lady in Seattle" for saving the day for Karen. We appreciatie it!

I will send the link of this treat to the office in Seattle right now, just give them a nice feeling for what they did.

I just send it to the office in Seattle with many flowers.

589230321_bundleofjoy.jpg.f78c94a31d54ec81f18cfb6bd7f64683.jpg

Congratulations Tracy for a job very well done. Mission accomplished, and you should be very proud of yourself.

You have made Karen, and the rest of us who suffered along with her during her trials and tribulations, very happy.

Valerie:)

The best part of this is that Tracy herself had nothing to gain from her going the extra mile. The fines and best are the ones who do not seek a pat on the back...after all...she was "just doing her job"...right!

:D How Happy Are We Tracy !!!! :D

Though our legions are many and our faces unknown

We felt keenly Karen's heart sinking

as she feared a dream cruise was blown .:(

You talked and encouraged and guided her path.

Phoning , reassuring always doing your best

Advised her the prudence of controling her wrath

This wonderful outcome was all we could hope.

Happy, dancing Karen will forever love Hal :D

but may we just say that stinky TA's a Dope.:mad:

So Angel Tracy, a dream has come true.

Now Karen's "nice lady" please take your bow.

CC send our best wishes and a giganticThank You !!

Holland America should be very proud to have you in their employ.

Colleen

I'd also like to add my kudos to Tracy for resolving the problem for Karen.

Even though I book my cruise with a brick and mortar TA, I have had to call HAL reservations/customer service on occasion, most recently from Ft. Lauderdale last Christmas when we discovered my DD left her cruise ticket at home. The service I received was wonderful, and I'm so glad to hear it was not a one time occurance. :)

Tracy, it's because of people like you that we continue to sail with Holland America Lines. You go above and beyond the call of duty and certainly don't get the rewards deserved. I hope it helps to know that we are all grateful for what you have done for of "one of our own" to help make her cruise dreams come true.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

It is so nice to know that if we ever had a serious problem that there are people like Tracy out there to help out. She is an exemplary employee and should be rewarded for doing so much when she wasn't required to do so.

Judging by her pleasure at conveying the good news to Karen, I imagine that Tracy feels quite rewarded. What a great feeling to be able to help someone in such distress!

Thanks, Tracy, for all the effort you put in (I can't even imagine dealing with those creeps)! And thanks, HAL, for not abandoning your customer.

I want to add my thanks and appreciation to Tracy and HAL. So often people just "do their jobs", barely. Tracy, in my opinion, went above and beyond.

We recently dealt with ordering a product we found on line. After a month it still hadn't arrived. We emailed asking for an explanation and after another week (no answer) we cancelled. About six weeks later we got an email responding to our email saying they were looking into the matter!! Compare that to the customer service HAL and Tracy provided!

A big THANK YOU to Karen and Holland America Line for a job more than well done!!!

I would like to join the chorus here. Interacting with someone who goes 'above and beyond' makes such a difference in a stressful situation. IMHO Tracy really walked the walk, in addition to talking the talk. Should we ever find ourselves in a tricky situation like Karen did, we certainly would hope to be talking with Tracy or someone like her, rather than a lethargic individual who is 'doing their job.'

I can only hope someone at HAL is reading this thread and Karen's thread detailing her ordeal, and this will be reflected in her annual performance review and, ultimately, in a pay raise.

Best of all, Karen will be setting sail on her dream trip in a little more than two months!

Tracy, you're the best. Thank you for your over-the-top attention to Karen's situation.

I've booked direct with HAL for the last 3 cruises because I always get excellent service and just feel better knowing that I'm getting what I pay for and then some. Your excellent dealings with Karen and her dubious TA is one more kudo in HAL's direction that make me very comfortable with HAL. Thank you many times over.

Colette :)

THANKS, from us, on the Amsterdam cruise in Sep.,for a job well done .... Karen & Louise will be on board thanks to your tireless work!

THANKS to HAL for making this a priority to protect & work with folks that are taken advantage of by snakes in the industry!

I have a saying that fits .... "You are the person behind the elephant with a broom"!

What a VERY GOOD clean up job you do for folks!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!! :);):)

Jean & Doug

I had a real glitch with a cruise years ago (well, "glitch" isn't the word; it was a major situation) and HAL bent over backwards to get it straightened out and offered make-up perks.

I'm HAL-only after that.

Archived