Drink recomendation

jerseygirl79

I normally don't drink (bad reflux), but I'd really like to enjoy myself with a drink or two on my next cruise (armed with plenty of Nexium).

I like froo froo, sweet, girly drinks that don't taste of strong alcohol.

Any suggestions of a drink (not water, virgin, or anything available for free)? :D

Thanks!

.....get a Long Island Iced tea.

It's sweet, cold and you'll never taste any alcohol.

I can only tell you that for the first drink, I don't remember the other ones. ;)

wasiii

I can only tell you that for the first drink, I don't remember the other ones. ;)

wasiii

I don't drink and I KNOW this isn't a girl drink, LOL. I heard you have to be careful with the Long Island. They sneak up on you! :rolleyes:

wasiii

Don't get me wrong..I LOVE Long Islands but I would never recommend them to someone asking for a sweet froo froo drink. Long Islands are sweet, cold, and delicious but they are almost all alcohol if made properly and you can (although usually only on the first one) taste the alcohol. I've not been on a cruise yet (9 days!!!) so maybe Carnival does them TOTALLY different but I doubt it.

Try the "Kiss on the Lips"...... Peach Schnapps, Mango Puree and grenadine ..... pure heaven!!!!

I second that.

On the Miracle, I asked the bartender for something fruity, frozen, but different than Pina Colada (needed a change) and this is what he whipped up.

Fabulous.

Howard

Hi there! First, for the reflux, slip a couple of sturdy cushions under the head of your mattress. Try to raise it 4-6". I did that on my cruise, and the cleaning staff thankfully left it alone. It makes a huge difference. No nocturnal choking. (I'm a Nexium slave, too)

I'm a froo-froo drinker and always have been. My favourites: Pina Coladas, Kahlua and Cream (aka Brown Cow if you aren't particular about the brand), Golden Cadillac (creme de cacoa, galliano and cream). I like them sweet and creamy. Try to avoid anything too acidic (i.e. orange juice, margaritas) because of the heartburn! (Red wine, for instance, is a killer for me) My one and only cruise was to Bermuda, and I had a Dark & Stormy (dark rum and ginger beer). If they are available on your cruise, they are nice because the ginger is good for indigestion. I also sometimes have a liqueur straight up with a coffee...something like frangelico or baileys that I can sip slowly and really pace. If others are having beer, I do go a little acidic and have a Smirnoff Ice...Wink with a major kick! It's served in a beer-type bottle but works really well for us froo-froo girly-girl wussy-drinker types. (But be warned...they can be sneaky! Get up and walk to the bathroom after each to make sure you realize how much they are hitting you!) I'm not sure if they stock those on the ships, though.

If others are having beer, I do go a little acidic and have a Smirnoff Ice...Wink with a major kick! It's served in a beer-type bottle but works really well for us froo-froo girly-girl wussy-drinker types. (But be warned...they can be sneaky! Get up and walk to the bathroom after each to make sure you realize how much they are hitting you!) I'm not sure if they stock those on the ships, though.

Yeah, you gotta be careful with most of those Alco-Pops (Hard Lemonade, Twisted Tea, etc.) because they're actually malt liquor and have more alcohol by volume than a beer. I've seen regular Smirnoff Ice, but never any of the flavored versions. I think I've seen Hard Lemonade as well.

You have to start any cruise with a funship special.YUUUUMMMM!! They are sweet and fruity and have quite a kick. When my BIL went on his first cruise with us we got him one and he said he didn't drink froo froo drinks. He drank one and changed his mind. We always buy the first round for any one we are cruising with. Cindy

I don't drink and I KNOW this isn't a girl drink, LOL. I heard you have to be careful with the Long Island. They sneak up on you! :rolleyes:

yes, yes they do! :D that was my drink of choice during debarkation on the last cruise. Lets just say dinner that night was not very enjoyable. :o

Archived