How does Trivia work?

margbem

Our first Seabourn cruise is getting nearer and I'm so looking forward to it! How does the Trivia Quiz work? Do you wait to be put into a team or do you have to find other people to make up a team? I feel that so many of you already know each other - will there always be new Seabourn sailors on board?

I have tried to get a roll call going but only had a reply from one person and they will already have been on the Legend for 2 weeks when we get on, so they'll have got friends already!

Our first Seabourn cruise is getting nearer and I'm so looking forward to it! How does the Trivia Quiz work? Do you wait to be put into a team or do you have to find other people to make up a team? I feel that so many of you already know each other - will there always be new Seabourn sailors on board?

I have tried to get a roll call going but only had a reply from one person and they will already have been on the Legend for 2 weeks when we get on, so they'll have got friends already!

We found that trivia worked best with a steady supply of mimosas (bucks fizz). Thank you Jenni, Donovan, Daniele, etc.!

But, seriously. On the first day we just went up to the lounge and found a bunch of people who wanted to make up a team. Just go around and ask. It is best to have a team with a mix of nationalities and backgrounds. For example, there were some questions that the Australians knew and we didn't. On our last cruise there was a Belgian team that suffered from a lack of national diversity despite their very valiant and good humored efforts.

LOL !!!!

I was on that cruise. They were darned funny though :) and had a great sense of humor about it all.

SB has some of the best trivia contests around. And you will have no trouble at all finding a team. SB cruisers are almost without exception the most welcoming and friendly cruisers you will ever sail with.

It is really easy. Just go up, look around for some people without a team and ask if you can join them. People are very friendly. As Roxburgh said, usually the best teams have a mix of nationalities. Our last team had a mixture of English, Canadian, Austrailian, American and Belgian. None of us knew one another to start, but we became great friends. We had super time. The fact that we won was purely incidental.

And don't rule out (cover your ears, LOTS) a teen or two. They have a good grasp of current culture and one who studied Japanese pulled a win out of the bag for the team one time.

And don't rule out (cover your ears, LOTS) a teen or two. They have a good grasp of current culture and one who studied Japanese pulled a win out of the bag for the team one time.

Plus..they know the current music trends.

The mix of nationalities is really important. On the last leg of our cruise our team was all Australian. We came last:eek:.

Our team was more interested in the cocktails, plus knew absolutely nothing about American football and baseball;).

Still great fun, though.

Steve.

Steve,

I'm American and know nothing about football or baseball. Now show biz....that's another story.

Henry,

Now if they'd only ask more questions about Opera, but alas............

Archived