ports

Iluv2cruz918

I'm debating which ship to cruise to Bermuda. I can take the majesty (as in the past) and dock in St. George's or take the Spirit and dock at Dockyard. I've never been to dockyard so I don't know how I will like it, however I do love St. George's. Anyone been docked at both ports can give some advise?

I think it's really a personal choice. Personally, I would choose to dock at St Georges. I have docked at both ports and I like being able to get off the ship and walk right into the town. At the Dockyard, you're really not in a town. You can walk to the clock tower which is like a little mall with very nice shops, and there is the maritime museum and also some eateries, but that's really it, you're not in a village like when you dock at St. Georges or Hamilton, which actually is my favorite port. The Dockyard area is nice, but just not my personal favorite. The transportation system available at the Dockyard area is good, though. Easy access to busses, ferries and taxis. There also are horse and buggies available there for rides. Wherever you decide, enjoy your trip!

Its easier to get to Hamilton from Dockyard, due to the Fast Ferry running more frequently than it is from St Georges..You also have the excellent, excellent Salt Rock Grill (please try it, the Sushi is fantastic) just past Watford Bridge - about 10 mins away by bus...

Not knocking St Georges (I love popping up there) but for transport options, Dockyard wins.

Its easier to get to Hamilton from Dockyard, due to the Fast Ferry running more frequently than it is from St Georges..You also have the excellent, excellent Salt Rock Grill (please try it, the Sushi is fantastic) just past Watford Bridge - about 10 mins away by bus...

Not knocking St Georges (I love popping up there) but for transport options, Dockyard wins.

I agree that transportation is more frequent from/to the Dockyard than from/to St Georges. It is also much closer to the southshore beaches. If you have already docked in St. Georges, I would definately try the Dockyard. Both the busses and ferries run later. Last ferry FROM St Georges is 4pm. It's easy to take the ferry to St Georges (40-50 minutes) and you'll still get to go through the cut

For the above mentioned reasons as well as the Spirit is better , newer ship than the Majesty. I would opt for the Dockyard. Remember on cruise to Bermuda almost half the time spent is on ship getting there

Archived