Tubing in ocho rios?

TPCRUISER2

We did the tubing in 2003 and had a great time. It is a mountain fed stream and we were there at the end of November, the water was cold. My husband & I were OK, but our daughter had goosebumps and was ready to get out at the end. We also booked privately and there was only the three of us in our group.

I also did this tour with my kids (3) and myself October of 2006. My husband wasn't on this cruise due to work conflicts. I would do it through the ship, if I had to do it again. It was fun, but more than a little weird. The guides begged for tips, were inappropriate with me and my teen daughter (nothing too threatening, but not good), kept insisting on selling us souveniers and photos, and ultimately offered to sell us all weed separately, except for youngest son. I just was looking at those picture yesterday. It was fun, but we were definitely the tourist marks for that couple of hours. I felt responsible for the whole situation because I booked it, and would not do it again without an of age man or two.

Be careful, but it was fun. We are going there again in late October, me and DH, and probably will just chill on a great beach. We have done the Falls, tours, and I did the tubing with the kids. We have been to Jamaica a number of times, I think the coolest thing was a tour of Rose Hall Plantation. That was totally private, and was beautiful. You should go post on the ports of call board!

Nancy

Anyone done this excursion?

Is the water dirty"

what do you do with valuables?

I did this in August 2004. I don't remember a lot, but I do remember it was fun. As to valuables, all I had would fit in a water wallet. If you need more room, but a water proof bag. If you need even more room, you are taking too much, but leave it with your guide. Here is a picture I took ...

RiverRaft-OchoRios.jpg

Archived