Beach Massage :)

SJChaput

Anyone gotten a beach massage while on their cruise?

I am finding the CCL spa massage prices to be RIDICULOUS and although I am gonna be on my first cruise and honeymoon I can't see myself spending that kind of money.

We are stopping in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Isla Roatan... Can anyone recommend a beach (or indoor) massage (preferably couples massage) done off ship that is good and less expensive?

* I am so excited about this cruise I don't know how I am gonna wait until September *

My sister and I had a massage on the beach through Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel. It was heaven. They have a covered area on the beach so it's very private, but you can hear and smell the ocean.

It was a very good massage. My sister had never been before, so we only did a half hour. When we go back, I plan on a hour massage next time.

We prepaid and prereserved our spots on line.

http://www.mrsanchos.com/mr_sanchos/massages.htm

Enjoy your cruise and your massage.

In Cozumel at Paradise Beach, it is $1.00 per minute for their massages.

The have 2 tables underneath a tent, right next to the ocean.

Have a great cruise....we are on the same ship.

Be sure to look for the therapist to take all the sanity precautions that they do on the ship and in the US. Washing their hands, cleaning and sanitizing the massage table, using freshly laundered sheets etc. Also check to see what training the therapist has so that they don't do more harm than good. Just being a bit negative here to point out that as usual it should be buyer beware in an unregulated practice.

Probably your best value is to get a massage in a small local home town spa (not a chain or a resort) where the therapist has good training and experience and relies on your repeat business. JMHO

Be sure to look for the therapist to take all the sanity precautions that they do on the ship and in the US.

Because no one wants to have a massage from an insane therapist!!!

I know it was a typo happy cruzer - but this gave me a laugh when I thought about it.

In Cozumel at Paradise Beach, it is $1.00 per minute for their massages.

The have 2 tables underneath a tent, right next to the ocean.

Have a great cruise....we are on the same ship.

I second Paradise Beach, you can be side/side and after having some delicious drinks/food and fun the massage is a perfect ending to the day :)

So Paradise Beach has private beach couples massage for $1 a minute.

Does anyone know if Mr. Sanchos has the side by side couples massage?

How private are these beach massages, am I going to be surrounded by people getting a massage for an hour?

Can anyone give their opinoin on the quality of massage from either place?

My DH and I were at Paradise Beach in May and DH got a great massage there, but I have never seen more than 1 person there to do the massages so not sure you could have a "couples" massage. It would be $1 per minute, per person if they did them.

Be sure to look for the therapist to take all the sanity precautions that they do on the ship and in the US. Washing their hands, cleaning and sanitizing the massage table, using freshly laundered sheets etc. Also check to see what training the therapist has so that they don't do more harm than good. Just being a bit negative here to point out that as usual it should be buyer beware in an unregulated practice.

Probably your best value is to get a massage in a small local home town spa (not a chain or a resort) where the therapist has good training and experience and relies on your repeat business. JMHO

I'll stick to getting my massages either at home or on the ship. I have not only heard this but have seen it.

• 1 month later...

we just got back from a cruise to Cozumel

We did Massages at Cozumel Massage

http://cozumelmassage.net/massages.html

we booked online and had no problems

It was the best massage I have ever had.

They have a spa on the front street and a second location further back. They were very professional and very reasonable.

We had massages side bu side and it was lovely

They began with a foot spa and then left while we undressed and then gave us a wonderful massage. They have a wonderful atmoshpher as well

The one thing it is up stairs so be aware before you book if you can't do stairs you want the second location which is on ground or street level.

I had Tere and would ask for her again in a heartbeat she was wonderful. My hubby had Alicia and said she was great too.

I will always make time for them in the future.

:D

we just got back from a cruise to Cozumel

We did Massages at Cozumel Massage

http://cozumelmassage.net/massages.html

we booked online and had no problems

It was the best massage I have ever had.

They have a spa on the front street and a second location further back. They were very professional and very reasonable.

We had massages side bu side and it was lovely

They began with a foot spa and then left while we undressed and then gave us a wonderful massage. They have a wonderful atmoshpher as well

The one thing it is up stairs so be aware before you book if you can't do stairs you want the second location which is on ground or street level.

I had Tere and would ask for her again in a heartbeat she was wonderful. My hubby had Alicia and said she was great too.

I will always make time for them in the future.

:D

How did u book online? the contact us link?

in barbados

blue monkey Beach

Derek K Smith - 1 hour foot massage $20

he uses aloe directly from the shoot

not only do you get an incredible massage, his conversation is quite funny

we have a few Deriekism's

"If I'm lying I'm dying" ;)

So Paradise Beach has private beach couples massage for $1 a minute.

Does anyone know if Mr. Sanchos has the side by side couples massage?

How private are these beach massages, am I going to be surrounded by people getting a massage for an hour?

Can anyone give their opinoin on the quality of massage from either place?

I haven't had a massage there, But have been to paradise beach twice. Excellent beach, great bar, lots of fun. I would not say though that the massage area looked very private or secluded. People are getting their hair braided close by and it is a busy beach area. the tents are covered in sheets, so you will still feel some of the nice breeze. If you can tune out the background noise, I am sure it will be great.

We are going to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau, can anyone recommend the best place for a beach massage here?

There was a massage tent set up on the beach at Grand Turk when we were there in January. There were 2 tables, 2 masseuse's. Prices were posted along with company name/contact info. I took a 20 min. massage for $20.00+tip. They were located on the beach to the right of the pier.

Linda

Archived