03/2010 Carn Legend ?'s

Charlie2na

Howdy all..... Have cruised 3 times before, twice on Holland America Veendam and Maasdam, and once on Royal CAR.Seranade. Been looking at the Legend out of Tampa for this march. Was very happy with the Seranade, unhappy with the age group on Holland America..... We are now almost 50....but am nervous about screaming out of control 8 year olds......Tell me about this ship and the likely patrons who frequent this cruiseline. It seems to be priced a bit cheaper than most......A good deal, or buyer beware?

Howdy all..... Have cruised 3 times before, twice on Holland America Veendam and Maasdam, and once on Royal CAR.Seranade. Been looking at the Legend out of Tampa for this march. Was very happy with the Seranade, unhappy with the age group on Holland America..... We are now almost 50....but am nervous about screaming out of control 8 year olds......Tell me about this ship and the likely patrons who frequent this cruiseline. It seems to be priced a bit cheaper than most......A good deal, or buyer beware?

The main thing I would look at if I were you, is the date. That is spring break for a lot of the country. So Holland is really the only one that might not have kids on it during that time.

On another note, Carnival does a great job with the kids program that keeps them separate for the most part. But still traveling during that time on any line BUT Holland or Regents will have a lot of kids on it. .02

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on 2 other carnival cruises, and will be on the legend in march. I am not a fan of children, with that said, i still really enjoy the cruise experience. With camp carnival, the children have their own activites to keep them busy, and you really do not see that much of them. and just keep in mind carnival brand is know ans the "Fun Ships"!

We are travelling on the legend 3/21/10. We are Tom 60, Linda 57, Tyler 11 and Amanda 9. We have custody of our two grandchildren. This will be our 1st Carnival cruise. I understand they do have an adults only pool. Hope this helps.

Linda

• 1 month later...

We are looking at the Legend for March 14 and have a 6 and 8 year old (sorry :), we however do not allow bad behavior in public if that helps). However, I can tell you that we cruised a week earlier in 2008 on Royal Caribbean and there were very few children. Early to mid March I don't think you will find a lot of school children, but you will likely find a lot of college students. Our RCCL cruise was filled with college students as two of the large Florida universities were on break. For us it was fine, we tended to be up early and to bed earlier than the college students.

Read the reviews for Legend for the same time of year, I find that helps.

Archived