Sea Grape

daisy7113

Will be in Grand Cayman in September as one of our cruise stops. We want to chill at a beach for the day. Is Sea Grape part of the 7 mile beach? Is it touristy here? Is it best to just catch a taxi to this beach and if so, how far from port is it? Is there a bar/restaurant near there?

Thanks for your input! :)

Sea Grape and the Reef Grill are the main areas of 7 mile beach with facilities. The Reef Grill is closer to the south end and Sea Grape is closer to the North end. If you don't care about facilities you can drop your towel any place along 7 mile beach and enjoy the beach and water.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Snorkel at Sea Grape??? We were considering snorkeling at Cemetery Beach but a few other posters indicated that it wasn't really all the great and that the reef was hard to get to at over 100 yards off shore. So what about Sea Grape? What is the snorkeling like here. What would we see? I hadn't even thought about this area. Appreciate any info.

FYI - the snorkeling will be better at Cemetary then at Sea Grape or Reef Grill. There is mostly sand at Sea Grape and Reef Grill so there are not a lot to see. You can always see something but your chances are better where there is a reef like at Cemetary.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

FYI - the snorkeling will be better at Cemetary then at Sea Grape or Reef Grill. There is mostly sand at Sea Grape and Reef Grill so there are not a lot to see. You can always see something but your chances are better where there is a reef like at Cemetary. I hope this helps! Enjoy!

It does. Thanks alot. I believe we are going to stick with our plan to snorkel at Cemetery Beach. Whether we love it or hate it, until we do it ourselves, we won't know. We will be on vacation and not at work... white beaches, crystal clear water, time with family...what could be better than that. :D

Archived