Jewel Cruise Director

ALANG

You may just be in luck...Jill is visiting her Mum right now in England..I believe she told me she was coming back Jan 28th to the Jewel. She takes all the new ships out by the way. She is the best, isn't she? Same off stage as on. Apparently, there are now five females CD's with RCCL.

Enjoy your cruise, and tell her Gillian ( the Brit with the jewelry, she had her eye on) ...said Hello....and all the best to her always.

Well I hope that the new CD is better than the current one named Karen Mayberry. I have been on 9 cruises with RCCL and Mayberry is the first CD who did not seem happy when in public and openly interested in mixing with the passengers. I would have to say that although she tries to be a good CD, she is not one of the better CDs that I have experienced on RCCL or on NCL and Carnival.

Well I hope that the new CD is better than the current one named Karen Mayberry. I have been on 9 cruises with RCCL and Mayberry is the first CD who did not seem happy when in public and openly interested in mixing with the passengers. I would have to say that although she tries to be a good CD, she is not one of the better CDs that I have experienced on RCCL or on NCL and Carnival.

Wow thanks for the info.! I'll have to drop Karen a note right now! :) I really liked her.

Jill was the CD on our Jewel cruise in September. I thought she was fine. A lot of enthusiasm and we saw her all over the ship, so she does get involved. Personally, the CD doesn't make or break a cruise for me, but maybe that's because we haven't had a bad one yet.

Karen was the CD on the Splendour when we did a Transatlantic in November last year and we thought she was really good. She always made a point to talk to us whenever she saw us and remembered our names. That impressed us. She told us she was going to the Jewel.

I thought Ken Rush did that too....he took the Mariner out last year, and was the CD on the Members Cruise for C&A - we even had the RCI CEO, Jack Williams and his staff on it with us. We are going on the Jewel member cruise in February so it will be interesting to see who they have as the CD. I don't think we have ever had a female CD, that would be great! With 2300 members on the MOS it was quite demanding for the CD and Ken Rush handled it wonderfully.

I thought Ken Rush did that!!:confused:

The times that I have seen Ken Rush bring out a ship, he was *accompanied* by Jill Tasker. Jill has always been an Assistant Cruise Director when I have seen her. Perhaps that is what you're referring to?

Both are wonderful .. Jill has a delightful, bubbly personality.

Steve

Archived