booking excursions on board?

we booked last minute to cruise this coming Sunday on Mariner. We had issues with e docs and couldn't set things up ahead of time. The person I spoke with said they save a certain amount of excursion slots for people to book while on the ship. Should we do this asap once we get on board? The agent I spoke with from Nickelodeon (they are TOTALLY disorganized over there) said we could just call up to the desk from our state room and attempt to book that way too... is this correct? I felt like if this was the case why wouldn't everyone just go to their cabin and book via phone rather than standing in a line at the desk? What's the best way?

the 2 excursions we are interested in book exclusively with the cruise line and told me we'd have to book with them if we want to do it. I guess I messed up by telling them we were coming on a ship.

Thanks!

we booked last minute to cruise this coming Sunday on Mariner. We had issues with e docs and couldn't set things up ahead of time. The person I spoke with said they save a certain amount of excursion slots for people to book while on the ship. Should we do this asap once we get on board? The agent I spoke with from Nickelodeon (they are TOTALLY disorganized over there) said we could just call up to the desk from our state room and attempt to book that way too... is this correct? I felt like if this was the case why wouldn't everyone just go to their cabin and book via phone rather than standing in a line at the desk? What's the best way?

the 2 excursions we are interested in book exclusively with the cruise line and told me we'd have to book with them if we want to do it. I guess I messed up by telling them we were coming on a ship.

Thanks!

It´s correct that they reserve a certain amount of tours for onboard booking. However you should book those asap after boarding, as if popular they might sell out quickly.

I don´t know about booking over the phone once onboard. Not saying its not true, just I´ve never heard about it.

The ways I know is as you mentioned standing in line, dropping of the form in one of the boxes (though I think this is the worst, as you wouldn´t know if you get your tour and it might be filled until they empty the box) and on the newer ships you can use the interactive TV. You are on the Mariner, so there is interactive TV.

If you have Concierge Service, you could get that route as well.

Archived