Unity Tours Catamaran?

w8ing2cruz

I think quite a few of these catamaran tours also service the resort areas. In Barbados it was written the same way. I would just like to know if these folks are still in business and if anyone has used them lately. It sounds like a great day!

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking at booking them for my cruise in November. I like what they offer but I am a little worried as he doesn't reply quickly to emails.

But there aren't many other options in Belize for private catamarans.

Is this listed as a tour from your cruise ship? With reading their website, this is an Ambergris Caye company, if they are still in business. I do know there is a catamaran cruise company there and have seen the boat, but didn't look to see the name. Most AC companies do not come to Belize City to chase cruise ship business because they don't have to. There is enough tourism from people visiting AC to keep many of them as busy as they want to be. If you just found this tour by googling Belize, then I think you may be out of luck. When they say they will pick you up at your hotel, I am pretty sure they are talking about your hotel in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye. Many people post about the beach barbecues and sunset catamaran tours on the AC message board about how much they love the tour, which my be how it came to your notice.

Hopefully you will hear back from them. Now if you had 20 people and wanted to hire a private company, it is possible that they may come to Belize City and set something up with you.

I have 17 people and he has offered to come pick us up for a tour. But he is slow to answer emails. I am actually a little worried about booking with him. This is exactly what we want and I am hoping to hear back from him soon!!

He took about 2 weeks to answer my first email and I answered him back within the hour. That was about 2 weeks ago and no reply back yet.

I think we might have to bite the bullet and book another one.

I have 17 people and he has offered to come pick us up for a tour. But he is slow to answer emails. I am actually a little worried about booking with him. This is exactly what we want and I am hoping to hear back from him soon!!

He took about 2 weeks to answer my first email and I answered him back within the hour. That was about 2 weeks ago and no reply back yet.

I think we might have to bite the bullet and book another one.

Cape,

Unfortunately, this is the Belizean way. They are great in the immediate, but booking in the future can be sticky. Also, they think because they have said yes (although you didn't get the "yes" part) that there is no need to followup. Now this is a big generalization on my part and obviously there are Belizeans that operate more like good American businessmen, but they are few and far between. Also internet can also be sketchy in Belize. I just came home after a month on AC and some days it took upwards of 25 minutes for a single email to open.

Good luck. Hope you get this worked out because it sounds like a very fun excursion.

Janice

Archived