Info On Norwegian Sea...Please

Looney4cruising

In response to the question about the cabins accomodating 3 adults; Yes it might be a little tight, but will be OK. The sofa converts to a single bed, and with the small area makes moving around a bit difficult when the bed is out. Most likely the stewards will place the sofa back each day, and prepare it for sleeping in the evening. Remember that (hopefully) you will be spending little time in the cabin.

We had a nice fuit basket waiting for us when we arrived, as well as a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. Each evening a new plate of goodies was delivered; chocolates, fuit/cheese plate, hors'douvers. Very nice Brie cheese and crackers one evening. We often stored the leftovers in the mini-fridge to munch on later. You are not allowed to take fruit off the ship, so eat it when you can.

Yes they have a shuffle board area, aft on promenade deck.

Concerning arrival times, they arrive around 6-7 am, customs takes awhile and they call for people to depart ship by color coding. I would suggest arranging for flights after 12 noon as the bus ride is about 45 minutes to 1 hour from the ship to International.

Hope this helps.

D Smith

[quote name='sheheke']Here's the link to our pictures. Showers were way too small, but for price...outstanding ports. We missed Cancun...don't count on making it into port. Paradise Beach, Cozumel; Bay Islands Beach Resort, Roatan; flew Maya Air to Ambergris Caye, Belize

Food was fine. I tried to talk my kids into going to Le Bistro. they refused to pay extra.

[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/t.zablocki@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/205d&.src=ph&.tok=phpKdRCBTC4997vV"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/t.zablocki@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/205d&.src=ph&.tok=phpKdRCBTC4997vV[/url][/QUOTE]

What do you do if you miss Cancun? Do they take you somewhere else?

I have a few questions about the Sea. We (2 parents with kids 16, 13, 12, and 11) are sailing 4/2. They want to know if there is a pizzaria where they can get pizza most of the time and the same for soft serve. Also what drinks are avail like lemonaid or fruit punch or ..? and if the disco is open and running for teens before opening to the adults? NCL mentioned a teen pass for $34.50 for a set amount of drinks, pizza party, disco party and more. Anyone try this and is it worth it? Any answers will be appreciated

[quote name='kidfanz']I have a few questions about the Sea. We (2 parents with kids 16, 13, 12, and 11) are sailing 4/2. They want to know if there is a pizzaria where they can get pizza most of the time and the same for soft serve. Also what drinks are avail like lemonaid or fruit punch or ..? and if the disco is open and running for teens before opening to the adults? NCL mentioned a teen pass for $34.50 for a set amount of drinks, pizza party, disco party and more. Anyone try this and is it worth it? Any answers will be appreciated[/QUOTE]

I can't answer all your questions but here an answer to some: the arcade is small but very busy and with Sprihg break going on for some kids yours should stay quite busy: There are lots of activities for all ages: no pizzeria as far as I know; ice cream out by the pool in the afternoon: very good! The buffet almost always has something for the kids. yes, there is lemonade available most of the time at the buffet. I don't know about the $34.60 card sounds possible. I am sure others will be able to fill you in even more. NMNita

No pizzeria, but there's pizza at the buffet most of the time. I don't remember seeing any lemonade at the buffet though. In fact i only saw juices for breakfest at the buffet, and then we only had water, ice tea and coffee the rest of the day... You can always buy it at the bar though.

The disco (boomer's) is open for teens only at a certain time at night, I think between 10:00 to 11:00PM.

I don't think your kids will get bored... in fact how can someone get bord on a cruise?:)

And about missing Cancun: You get an extra day at sea. But the Cruise director and his staff will organise new activities (you get a revised freestyle daily). You also receive a "big" refund of $12.75...

[quote name='chellbell12387']Are there a lot of younger people on this ship? I'm 18 and I know I'll have a good time without the alcohol, but I was just wondering if they card like crazy at the bar.[/QUOTE]

It depends - who is serving you, how old you look.

I am 29 but look younger.

I was with some others who are older than me one night, ordered a drink, and had no problem.

The next night I was by myself, ordered a drink from the same person and was carded.

I have a few more questions please. Is there shampoo/conditioner avail. in the cabins, or should I pack it? Also hairdryers? Do I understand correctly that there is just one formal night? With that being optional, do many less people participate? Does that mean if you choose not to dress formally that you do not dine in the main dining areas? I also noticed that there are two evenings (in Cozumel and Roatan) where the ship does not sail until 8 p. Does that make late dining crowded on those nights? Are there usually two shows like on traditional dining venues?
Thanks for any input.

[quote name='kidfanz']I have a few more questions please. Is there shampoo/conditioner avail. in the cabins, or should I pack it? Also hairdryers? Do I understand correctly that there is just one formal night? With that being optional, do many less people participate? Does that mean if you choose not to dress formally that you do not dine in the main dining areas? I also noticed that there are two evenings (in Cozumel and Roatan) where the ship does not sail until 8 p. Does that make late dining crowded on those nights? Are there usually two shows like on traditional dining venues?
Thanks for any input.[/QUOTE]

There are shampoo conditioner dispensers in the shower. I was fine with this,but DH used his own; hair dryers are very weak, again my hair dries in about 10 minutes either way, well not 10, but pretty quickly. yes, there are 2 shows nightly and their actually are 2 formal optional nights, but with this paraticular cruise being most of the passengers are from the middle part and southwest of the country they don't seem to dress as formally as those from the east coast. The men will be in sport coats or suits and the gals nice sun dresses or cocktail type dresses or very nice pants suits; you will see a few formals and tuxes. Do whatever you want as long as you are neat and not running around in holely jeans. The 2 late night departures will make for a slightly more crowded late dining crowd, but many of the guests will be back on ship early or will eat in town. I don't remember this being a big issue either way. Hope this helps some. Others will fill you in even more than I have. NMnita

[quote name='crewsin250']Can anyone tell me the price to get in Le Bistro I have seen $12.50 and $20.00 which is correct. I have also seen some past post that say there is a couple of nights they have half price is this correct if so which nights. Thanks Paul[/QUOTE]

When I was onboard, cover charge is $15, but if you want the lobster tail and steak, it's $20. Price varies depending on what you order.

As for formal nights, it is optional. You can wear casual clothing if you want and eat in a main restaurent. And I have to agree with NewmexicoNita that most people don't wear formal... I saw more men wearing t-shirts with a suit during my cruise than people wearing proper formal clothing.

Got back on 1/29. Had a great time.

The food was very good, & most of the wait staff were great. (Since we don't drink, the bar staff did give us a feeling of 2nd class when we asked for a coke)

Some of the ship is need of some minor repairs. Had at least one drawer in our cabin that always seemed to stick & noticed a few placed where the hand rail in the corridors needed a little work.

The shows were great, even if the lounge is a little small. I would reccomend getting there at least a half hour early.

Weather was great once we got to Cozemel. A little rough the 1st night, 7-10 foot swales, but then smoothed out. Even Cancun was smooth, you could see the bottom off the side of the ship.

The only real complaint I could make was that it was too short. Could have used 2 days at each port to see everything. Well I guess this just gives me a reason to back.

Enjoy your cruise,

Dan

I just got back too. We had a blast. It was my 3rd cruise (first with NCL) and it was my DW's first cruise ever. I cannot say enough good things about the cruise. I will post a review with details tomorrow when I have more time! I am just sad I am in the cold midwest now.

i can't believe that the SEA will be moving here in Southeast ASIA! is it true? i am excited since i have sailed to this ship in 2003 and it was good. i am based in Singapore now and would love to sail again on this ship here. is it going to be the same ship name? does anyone knows if they are going to keep the same staffs and crews? i would love to see them again :). please let me know if anyone of you knows about this. thanks.

gracie

Archived